subsynchro plugin ?
Hi there,
There's a website i really like here in France, that's the Subsynchro website. It's really accurate in subs and it keeps track of the subs per release available.
Would it be hard to create a plugin to search for subtitles there ? Or maybe to extend the xbmc subtitles plugin and add this site as a possible source ?
As maintainers of xbmc subtitles plugin we (and by we I mean me) don't take requests for new modules.

It's difficult enough to keep the ones that are already there working with the ever-changing Internet.

If you ask me I would prefer to have only one big place and lure everybody (users, subtitlers, etc) to use that one. I don't care witch one.

If you want to get support for a new service you have two options:

1. Program the service yourself. In general it's not that difficult with a bit of programming experience. If you do so keep in mind that we will expect you to maintain it.
2. Find someone to do it for you...

Good luck.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Thanks for the reply.
I'll give it a try at coding, it's been a while i did not code Wink
Seems the programming language is Python, is there any 'framework' we've got to use ?
well, i looked into some packages available within xbmc subtitles, and coded it.
Seems to be working just fine so far Smile

I'll release a version once it's fully tested.

One question though : i've never been really able to log stuff using the following function :
log( __name__ , " Getting url: %s" % (url))

Do i have to be in debug mode, or something like that ?
Or maybe that's in another file than the default xbmc.log
When you see some call to log is because a function call log is defined somewhere. Look for it.

The standard way is to use xbmc python module (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/) call to log (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/xbmc.html#-log).

Anything else is a personal convenience... Especial care with encodings. Remember that XBMC python modules only accept utf-8 or (in some cases) UNICODE. Anything else will give runtime errors.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Ok thanks, will look into that later tonight.

Additionnaly, i was thinking about another plugin : it basically would get subs for all the movies that do not have any (either in the MKV container, or locally on the file system). Each time, it'd call xbmc subtitles to ask which one to get.
Do you know if such plugin exist ?
Here's the SubSynchro plugin : http://sendbox.fr/pro/evlhv3faxjsa/Subsy...ar.gz.html

To make it work, untar the archive in the addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/lib/services folder
Add the following line in addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/settings.xml, right under <category label="30103">
<setting id="Subsynchro" type="bool" label="Subsynchro.com" default="false"/>

Activate the plugin in xbmc subtitle configuration

Let me know if it works, and if you have questions.

Note that it'll only search for French subs !
perfect merci beaucoup Wink
is a version of this service will be available for Gotham ? Would be great,
I've ask to the creator of the subsynchro website, and he will put an APi on the website soon.
Hi
I did not plan to work on it yet. I need to get my hands on a gotham version first. And if an API is available, that would be way easier to manage Smile
I'll check when i have more time, i'm really busy these days !
i'll try to adapt (but i'm such a noob at this) the opensub actual gotham service addon (which works with API)
And, Kortex, because i think you're french, we can talk french, no ? Wink
Indeed we could, but it's still better to keep in English for non french people Smile (although this is specifically around french subtitles ..)
Api key have just emerged
http://www.subsynchro.com/include/ajax/l...s.php?term=[nom_de_la_release_complete_ou_partiel]
maybe it's more do-able now ?
Yes, that sounds better Smile
Will see when i can find some spare time to work on that !
yeah ! can't wait
many thanks for working on this Kortex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subsynchro plugin ?0