Skin Widget not playing recently added correctly
When skin widgets are running I notice that certain items (usually Hulu items added via library integration) in random, recent or recommended items don't play correctly when you click on the widget to play. I get the following error in the log: ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [XBMC.RunScript(service.skin.widgets,musicvideoid=14)] . I can play the same item from the recent items list in the skin sub-menu item with no issues. I thought it might be limited to .strm files, but I get the same problem with some music videos which have the files present in the system. I believe that this is a problem with the Skin Widget, but I notice that only issues raised by skinners in a separate development forum seem to get addressed. So, can you help by letting me know if it's a skin problem or by inquiring as a skinner in the development forum about the issue. Thanks.
thanx! it's a bug in Transparency!
i'll fix it :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, looking forward to an update. Another issue I've come across which is probably due to my ignorance. The MPAA rating doesn't appear to be picked up correctly for the icon in the fanlist view sometimes. I see the list property is being set as it is correctly displayed as PG-13 (for example) in the info screen, but the icon displays not rated. I recently upgraded to Frodo 12.1 and T! 5.0.9 which is more consistent, but still not always correct. I have heavily modified the live streams add-on to integrate with the metahandler and a US,UK and Russian epg service I've written to allow display of fanart and info based on what's currenty playing on streaming channels in T!. It works great except for the icons being a bit off as described above. Any insight would be appreciated.
recently added musicvideos should play now in T! v5.0.9
if you still have issues, please post a Debug Log

as for the rating, could you post a screenshot showing the issue?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The screenshot urls are below:

Please excuse the text - google translations isn't great. You can see that the info screen has the correct mpaa, but the icon isn't correct.
for the icon to show up, your mpaa rating text needs to contain one of the following:
Rated R
Rated: R

so not just 'R'.
Debug log is:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7283

at 19:14:57 I tried to play from the link in the widget - Recent TV Shows (unsuccessfully)

at 19:15:36 I tried playing the same item from the TV Shows - recently added sub-menu (successfully)

Thanks for the info on the icon. Will it accept stuff like Rated:R-17 or should I strip anything after the letter rating? Thanks so much for your help.
(2013-03-27, 01:37)learningit Wrote: Debug log is:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7283

at 19:14:57 I tried to play from the link in the widget - Recent TV Shows (unsuccessfully)

at 19:15:36 I tried playing the same item from the TV Shows - recently added sub-menu (successfully)

i'm sure sure if plugin content is supported by the skin widgets script.
will have to ask Martijn.

the widgets addon call the plugin with mode 2:
plugin://plugin.video.hulu/','2','?mode="TV_play"&url="60195691"&videoid="470417"&eid="H_SoHe1BLwkiBpHPu9sIpg"
whereas xbmc uses mode 1:
plugin://plugin.video.hulu/','1','?mode="TV_play"&url="60195691"&videoid="470417"&eid="H_SoHe1BLwkiBpHPu9sIpg"

other than that, i have no idea.

(2013-03-27, 01:37)learningit Wrote: Thanks for the info on the icon. Will it accept stuff like Rated:R-17 or should I strip anything after the letter rating? Thanks so much for your help.

the need to be at least a space between 'Rated:' and 'R-17'. for the rest you're free to add whatever you like.

a typical rating scraped from imdb will look something like:
Rated R for explicit violent scenes.
and that works fine in the skin.
Yeah I saw the different '1' vs. '2' parm also. The only other thing I saw is that the error from the widget comes from "Playlist Player" which I haven't seen before. I would think what I'm doing is pretty standard for Hulu and other add-on users which support subscriptions.

BTW I'm using the metahandler service for the fanart, etc. It's good, but I don't get the extra fanart rotation like you get in the skin. Can you point me to a higher level service which does the rotation or explains where I can find it? Thanks.
(2013-03-27, 02:15)learningit Wrote: Yeah I saw the different '1' vs. '2' parm also. The only other thing I saw is that the error from the widget comes from "Playlist Player" which I haven't seen before. I would think what I'm doing is pretty standard for Hulu and other add-on users which support subscriptions.

turns out the skin widgets addon does not support playback of plugin content.
whether it's 'pretty standard' i'm not sure...i didn't even know it was possible to add plugin content to your library.

(2013-03-27, 02:15)learningit Wrote: BTW I'm using the metahandler service for the fanart, etc. It's good, but I don't get the extra fanart rotation like you get in the skin. Can you point me to a higher level service which does the rotation or explains where I can find it? Thanks.

it's done by using a multiimage control in the skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Widget not playing recently added correctly0