weird problem with Harmony remote, help needed
Hi guys, i hope i can find help with my setup.

I have setup my Harmony remote to control all my devices. When everything is on, everthing works fine. I can power up my tv/avr/pvr and the htpc from hibernation mode. The Harmony control everything nicely in XBMC.

My problem lies when i am watching tv and the htpc is in hibernation mode. If i press "All Off" button on the Harmony, it power downs everything but turns on the HTPC. Now my guess is that hibernation mode turns on with any keystroke. Im trying to figure out a way to not have it turn on when i power all down. So far ive tried several options but still can't find a solution.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks!
That's the exact reason I don't use the all off button on the harmony.. from what I can gather devices such as TVs have three power options - power on, power off and power toggle, and MCE remotes only have power toggle. In each of my devices I have a custom button for toggle power and just use that.
I see, that makes sense. power toggle is both on and off regardless of the status of the device.

So what would be the best solution to be able to shut everything off in one click? or is that just out of the question given the limitation of an MCE remote? In your case, do you have to manually shut off all devices one by one?
Yeah I used to turn on/off each device one by one, with a custom power button for each device. I now have a tv with cec and turning on xbmc powers up the tv and turning off the tv powers off xbmc, so that leaves my receiver which I only power on when needed. Ive made a frankenstien profile for xbmc - it contains a button to turn on/off the tv and 4 buttons for my receiver - power, mute/input for xbmc, vol +/-. I find it easier than changing devices for common tasks.

HDMI-CEC is a option for turning everything off, but only if your equipment supports it.
My solution with my Harmony remote. I have an activity set up to turn my TV, AV receiver and wake my HTPC up from sleep. In the activity i've set it up to leave the HTPC on and the actually HTPC is set to sleep after 5 mins. So when i use the All Off button it turns the TV and receiver off and leaves the HTPC alone. Not ideal but it works for me.
Just so I'm clear, are you putting the HTPC into hibernation with the Harmony or is it going into Hibernation on it's own?

Make sure the device settings for your HTPC device in Harmony software is set to have the HTPC off when not in use. If you turned on the HTPC activity and then switched to TV and THEN used ALL OFF, your remote will still think the HTPC is on and it will try to shut the HTPC off.
I changed the Windows 'power toggle' feature to 'power on' only:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Remote-Con...d-p/729470

My remote config:
- The Activity button on my Logitech Harmony 300 switches on HTPC and receiver.
- Separate button assigned to TV power toggle. (TV doesn't need to be switched on when I only want to listen to music.)
- Button assigned to XBMC standby/sleep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
weird problem with Harmony remote, help needed0