Great skin .. 2 newbie questions
Hi,

XTV-SAF is a great skin.
Simple and intuitive. Easy to use with a laptop and touchpad.

2 questions about running it on a small Atom laptop with Windows 7, Frodo 12.0:

1. How can I get the seek/slider bar to work when watching a movie?
2. If you press 'Esc' key when playing a movie - you go back to main menu and can hear the movie sound (but no picture). How do you get back to view movie, or how do you disable Esc key when watching a movie?

Thanks!
(2013-03-14, 07:41)joelbaby Wrote: Hi,

XTV-SAF is a great skin.
Simple and intuitive. Easy to use with a laptop and touchpad.
Thank you, simple was the aim.
Quote:2 questions about running it on a small Atom laptop with Windows 7, Frodo 12.0:

1. How can I get the seek/slider bar to work when watching a movie?
Code is there to seek with the seek/slider, not sure why it does not appear to be working. What skins have you used were it is working? Maybe there was a change that I missed and as a result it's no longer working (at least under windows, as I just checked on my win7 dev system and its not working there either).
Quote:2. If you press 'Esc' key when playing a movie - you go back to main menu and can hear the movie sound (but no picture). How do you get back to view movie, or how do you disable Esc key when watching a movie?

Thanks!
Pressing the tab key will take you back to the movie (this is a standard key mapping for XBMC, will work in all skins). As an added bonus, if you head over to the skins Background settings menu and select "Use visuals as background" you will see the dimmed video as a background to most screens (but not horizontal Home menu, as I thought only showing the bottom half of the video was stupid)

Hope that helps
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
The slider seek works fine in confluence but not xTV.
I think I saw something about a new slider control in one of the dev forums.

Xtv-saf is a great skin because it doesn't rely on those scrolling sideways menus in the home screen. It is not intuitive to click on an option in the menu bar, only to be taken to the option in the centre of the bar instead. Also Xtv is easy to read. Using it for grandma on her laptop, and would recommend it to anyone who just wants something that works clearly.
(2013-03-21, 16:02)joelbaby Wrote: The slider seek works fine in confluence but not xTV.
I think I saw something about a new slider control in one of the dev forums.

Xtv-saf is a great skin because it doesn't rely on those scrolling sideways menus in the home screen. It is not intuitive to click on an option in the menu bar, only to be taken to the option in the centre of the bar instead. Also Xtv is easy to read. Using it for grandma on her laptop, and would recommend it to anyone who just wants something that works clearly.
joelbaby,

Should now be working in skin from Passion repo, but will be available in main repo with release of 1.3.1 of skin (at least two to three weeks away as devs prefer that updates are at least a month apart).

New 1.3.1 release has a number of interesting cleanups and new features, so keep an eye out when it arrives in the main XBMC repo.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Hi Wyrm,

thanks for the good work. Have installed from the Passion repository.
The slider seek bar now works great.
I think you also improved the TV/Movie scrolling up-down selection menu on the right.

Suggestion for further improvement:
Consider making it so that clicking on Home Menu items drops down the menu below that item.
On a touch screen device, touching on the menu titles (along the centre) does nothing.
You have to touch below the menu title, this then drops down the selection.
The problem is that you sometimes end up selecting an item you didn't want to go into.

Joel
(2013-03-26, 15:12)joelbaby Wrote: Hi Wyrm,

thanks for the good work. Have installed from the Passion repository.
The slider seek bar now works great.
I think you also improved the TV/Movie scrolling up-down selection menu on the right.

Suggestion for further improvement:
Consider making it so that clicking on Home Menu items drops down the menu below that item.
On a touch screen device, touching on the menu titles (along the centre) does nothing.
You have to touch below the menu title, this then drops down the selection.
The problem is that you sometimes end up selecting an item you didn't want to go into.

Joel
Joel,

That's ok, good to get the feedback. Just remember though that the skin is really meant for home theater use (using a remote), not as a touch screen device skin. I am currently trying to improve performance on the home screen as the Raspi is struggling a little apparently. I will take a look at whether I can make the title headings selectable (was definitely never designed to do so), but I suspect that to do so will hurt performance on the lower speced machines. At this stage, I have improved things (performance wise) a little while increasing the number of recently added items from six to ten (go check it out).

Will have to wait and see what I can manage.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Great skin .. 2 newbie questions0