Win NextPvr and setting decoder
Hi all
Sorry in advance for my english.
Recently i added to my htpc a tuner DVB-T (AVerMedia - AVerTV Volar HD).
On Windows media center all work fine, find over 200 channels and everything is working properly.

In XBMC with NPVR the tuner is detected, but the channel search finds a few channels and the vision is possible with very few channels.
Also often displays error tuner missing or program crash.

There is a particular setting to be performed or to install a plugin to solve the problem?

My configurations:
- Win764bit
- XBMC + XBMConIMON by parsley
- NextPVR

Andrea
- Zotac IONITX-A
- 4gb DDR2
- Antec Fusion350
- Win7 64bit
- XBMC V12 Frodo
- XBMConIMON by Parsley

*** Second is the first loser ***
It's not clear from your post - does this problem happen in XBMC or in NextPVR? If NextPVR, what type of channels are these (MPEG2 or H.264), and what decoders do you have selected on the Settings->Decoders screen?
I hope to explain the situation.
In NPVR run the channel search, at the moment I do not know if they are MPEG2 or H264 (i'll be checking tonight).
I found differences in the number of channels found in WMC and NPVR, many more channels with WMC.
Trying to watch TV with XBMC often the decoder is not detected or not you see the transmission.
- Zotac IONITX-A
- 4gb DDR2
- Antec Fusion350
- Win7 64bit
- XBMC V12 Frodo
- XBMConIMON by Parsley

(2013-03-14, 18:08)xblastx Wrote: I found differences in the number of channels found in WMC and NPVR, many more channels with WMC.
Try scanning 'All Channels / All Regions' rather than a specific city or region, in case the frequency list for your city is incorrect.

Quote:Trying to watch TV with XBMC often the decoder is not detected or not you see the transmission.
I'd check if those channels work in NextPVR. If they work well in NextPVR, then they should work in XBMC. If they don't work in NextPVR, then we can try to work out why.
In NPVR livetv not let me see anything, black screen.
Sometimes the error "tuner not present".
Last night I found on the website of productor new driver and i install.
I made a new scan and finally found the same channels located in WMC.
But 'the vision of the TV (in XBMC) still problems.
I tried to close NPVR in windows and I noticed that XBMC channels were visible and everything seemed to work better.
Today I shall undertake 'tests more' depth.
- Zotac IONITX-A
- 4gb DDR2
- Antec Fusion350
- Win7 64bit
- XBMC V12 Frodo
- XBMConIMON by Parsley

A black screen in the NextPVR client playback almost always is because you haven't configured a video decoder via the setup screen and the Windows system defaults aren't working.

Martin
Yep, what emveepee said - I'm sure it'll be the decoders you've got selected.
After several attempts I decided to remove the program.
The main problem is the way it controls the decoder, many channels have bad reception and this worsens the situation further.

With Mediaportal, the channel reception is fluid. At the moment I have a problem with the configuration in XBMC, i think it is a solvable problem....

Thanks again for the help
- Zotac IONITX-A
- 4gb DDR2
- Antec Fusion350
- Win7 64bit
- XBMC V12 Frodo
- XBMConIMON by Parsley

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPvr and setting decoder0