• 3(current)
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)
(2013-03-16, 20:27)niamu Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 18:23)Smobbo Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 22:06)niamu Wrote: I'm toying with the idea of having a "low power" toggle in skin settings which would change all of the views to a list instead of poster art views. This would change all the views all at once and lock them to that list view. So you choose one or the other. No mixing and matching. nbox strives for a consistent UI experience.

nbox allows you to toggle "Hide Watched" when browsing all the way to the left of the screen. I have no plans to filter this any further.

What im85288 means is the script that shows next unwatched episodes, a really cool feature, which could works great with nbox Wink *hint, hint*!

Sorry, I don't see the benefit of this. But if you can show me a skin that has this as a button on the home screen maybe I could replace "All Recent" under TV with "In Progress". I can't work out the command to activate this window directly.

A skin like aeon nox has it, or sio2 (a lot have different implementations).
It is controlled by the watchlist script (which is now part of skin.widget.service, I think, not sure).
Replacing all recent with in progress would be great. When you select tv shows on the home screen (without entering tv shows) it would be perfect to see the unwatched on the right side Smile!

For me the benefit is that I can see the next unwatched episode, instead of the last added. For some shows I'm watching season 2, but season 3 is already running. So if it shows season03episode 06 as most recent while I'm at season02episode09 it isn't useful. At the same time, if I'm following a show on a weekly bases it does show me the last episode downloaded (since that is the last unwatched episode as well).
Once you've used it for a while, you'll probably won't be able to go without it Wink!
Today I coded skin.widgets into this skin; testing it at the moment. I would be happy to share the code.

I made the usage optional via a button in the skinsettings so that you can switch between 'recent' (like it is now) and 'recommended'. Settings can be selected independently for tv, movies and music.
@Smobbo, I have no intention of having nbox require scripts upon installation.
(2013-03-16, 20:59)Elbert Wrote: Today I coded skin.widgets into this skin; testing it at the moment. I would be happy to share the code.

I made the usage optional via a button in the skinsettings so that you can switch between 'recent' (like it is now) and 'recommended'. Settings can be selected independently for tv, movies and music.

(2013-03-16, 21:11)niamu Wrote: @Smobbo, I have no intention of having nbox require scripts upon installation.

@niamu, I understand you position, for the mainstream user this might be to much hassle. Perhaps the solution Elbert suggested could be possible? (Although this shouldn't be priority, more like the finishing touches Wink)

By the way, the fan art in combination with the raspberry pi is quite fluid! Impressive!

@Elbert, please share the code! For those who don't mind some modding this would be great!
Music -> all albums -> left sideblade -> clicking party mode a second time turns the radio button off but doesn't stop the music.
I'm also not seeing the playlist of songs started in this party mode list. Not sure if that is intentional so i thought i'd just ask.

But thumbs up Smile
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
When turning party mode off in Confluence that doesn't stop the music either. I assume this is the way XBMC is meant to function.

I haven't coded playlist views. It is in progress.
I see there are genre icons for TV shows. Can I change them? I couldn't find them anywhere. Is there a way to set it up?

Also, I've tried watching a korean movie and the title in Korean is not displayed correctly.
I'll try to add support for that because I've added support for Korean language in Aeon once.

See ya.
Nevermind about Korean support. I already managed to do that. It's a pity we can't actually distribute the Korean fonts due to licensing.

Anyway, would you please add support for music videos? I guess that would be awesome. I can't get to the music videos section and I got about 3000~ of them. Sad

see ya, have a nice sunday. Get some rest. You deserve it. Smile
I've added a pull request for skin.widgets support
(2013-03-16, 19:01)niamu Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 16:49)da-anda Wrote: One thing I noticed yesterday: When I tried to search for a video in the youtube addon, the text-input dialog was broken. It showed up nicely, but I could not "confirm" the input - so there was no "OK" button and pressing "select" also didn't apply the text. "Back" would only delete the entered letters and thus I got stuck on that input dialog with no way to get out of there with just a remote/nyxboard. Had to plug a keyboard and press ESC to close the dialog or even close XBMC via ALT+F4 (not sure anymore what exactly I did - had to do both while testing but can't remember the second issue)
I'm going to guess that you have an Android app as a remote. I recall testing this briefly with a friend's Android phone and running into this problem. I just assumed it was a poorly coded app. But I'll investigate further.
I was using a "hardware" remote, but had the same issue with the Nyxboard (which basically acts as a keyboard) and a real keyboard. I was just unable to send/apply the search request.
(2013-03-17, 16:19)Elbert Wrote: I've added a pull request for skin.widgets support

Perfect! Thank you very much(bedankt ;p)
You implemented it exactly like I hoped Wink.
I've created some more icons:

Monstros=Monster movies
Just installed this on to a fresh RaspBMC install on my Raspbery Pi. Looks nice!

It's not the fastest skin, but it is by no means slow.

I would be interested in the ability to hide menu items, as I don't have music on my Pi.
I have started to add support for music playlists. Maybe not as polished as I would like, but for now it's looking usable.

(2013-03-20, 00:38)sav25 Wrote: I would be interested in the ability to hide menu items, as I don't have music on my Pi.

You should be able to hide any menus you desire in the Skin Settings page.

(2013-03-17, 02:36)gabsaoleo Wrote: I see there are genre icons for TV shows. Can I change them? I couldn't find them anywhere. Is there a way to set it up?

I believe tv shows uses the same genre icons folder as the movies. Try that.

(2013-03-17, 16:19)Elbert Wrote: I've added a pull request for skin.widgets support

Thanks for all your work Elbert. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but the code looks good. One of my goals of this skin was to not have add-ons installed or required with the skin. But I will give it a try and see how it effects performance on the lower power devices.

I know that Tree_Jammer was using a script to show music videos with songs and I happen to think that's a rather elegant solution. So there is probably room for scripts in the skin. I'll experiment.
Ah yes just saw the settings option, excellent job!

I also discovered the left click menu to access favourites...so I now have my NHL etc on there too.

Couple of other suggestions that I have thought of:
- It would be cool to be able to make a favourite a menu option i.e. "Films / TV / NHL / Nasa" etc - Not sure how hard that would be though.
- When XBMX is scanning and films are being added, the notification box isn't always long enough and cuts text off

Congratulations...I'm converted to Nbox! Goodbye other skins! Please keep up the good work, really really good skin this.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)4