• 4(current)
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)
(2013-03-20, 02:24)sav25 Wrote: Couple of other suggestions that I have thought of:
- It would be cool to be able to make a favourite a menu option i.e. "Films / TV / NHL / Nasa" etc - Not sure how hard that would be though.
- When XBMX is scanning and films are being added, the notification box isn't always long enough and cuts text off

The favourites as a main menu option has been considered, but it just doesn't fit the style since there isn't the same metadata available for favourites as their is for films and others currently on the home page.

I'm aware of the notification box being cut off, but I'd rather have that happen as opposed to having a much bigger notification area. The text scrolls and you generally get the idea of what it is doing so I don't see it as an issue.
Is anyone interested in my icons?

Take a look at the screenshot a few posts before and tell me what you guys think.

@niamu, are you planning to support music videos and live shows on nbox?

See ya.
I love the skin!

I use my media center to sometimes watch youtube and I find that the current layout for addons waste a lot of space (half the screen is unused and the text is cut off) and I think that the music layout would make it look a lot nicer.
I just noticed that support for XBMC Subtitles is not yet present, although it does work, but it isn't skinned (now Confluence as default).
Do you plan to add support for it, ie. skin it with a nice green box Smile?
Hm, strange.

XBMC subtitles works for me. I can even search subtitles when watching a movie. o.O"

Oh, yes. It isn't skinned, tough.
In case you missed it
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159372
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks Martijn, I did miss that. I'll investigate further, although at this point I feel so close to a final release that maybe I'll just skip the development repo. We'll see.

I just pushed an update that finishes localizing all strings for English. I copied the strings.po file from Metropolis as a base file, so I still need to cleanup all the strings that are not used.

Remaining work:
- Music views (music videos, artists view)
- Peripherals dialogs
- XBMC subtitles menu needs skinning
- List view needs updating and support in all views
- Testing Elbert's skin.widget code for merging
- Finding or creating icons for some new buttons (still need to create a full list of buttons that need icons)

That may not be a complete list, but that's what I have in my sights at the moment.
Cleaned up all the redundant strings. Only 44 strings total by my count that need translation. I've only done English so far, so anyone who wants to contribute other languages is welcome to.
Maybe I missed this and am running a dated version, but when I choose to "Scan for new content" on either of my directories, I see no dialogue letting me know if the scan is still in progress. The only way I know if the scan is in progress or finished is if I enter the context menu again. It would be nice to have a dialogue for this like other skins have. I have to scan for new content on each of my sources individually because if I do an 'Update Library' I get random TV shows and movies added that I don't actually have, but that's an entirely different issue I need to fix.
(2013-03-21, 05:12)niamu Wrote: Cleaned up all the redundant strings. Only 44 strings total by my count that need translation. I've only done English so far, so anyone who wants to contribute other languages is welcome to.

For centralized translating you could use the service we offer
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142736
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-21, 00:40)niamu Wrote: Remaining work:
- Peripherals dialogs
- Finding or creating icons for some new buttons (still need to create a full list of buttons that need icons)

That may not be a complete list, but that's what I have in my sights at the moment.

I noticed yesterday that the color schemes are broken - some graphics/icons/bars (like progress bar, some arrows) stay in this lime green.
Also, I somehow got trapped in the left menu on home screen (the one with pictures, programs, favorites, ...).
(2013-03-21, 00:40)niamu Wrote: Thanks Martijn, I did miss that. I'll investigate further, although at this point I feel so close to a final release that maybe I'll just skip the development repo. We'll see.

I just pushed an update that finishes localizing all strings for English. I copied the strings.po file from Metropolis as a base file, so I still need to cleanup all the strings that are not used.

Remaining work:
- Peripherals dialogs

I can help you creating icons, if you want.
See ya,
Ok, first thing , you made an awesome skin (mod), but since you wont support multiple views and I dont like some other little things, I already started to mod the skin to my needs.
First time I'm skinnin anything XBMC related.

So basically I just want to share my new Music Collection View.

- Changed Grid
- Changed Selection state: zoomin and no overlay, little border
- Changed DefaultCover
- Moved Artist & Genre together in the 2nd Headerline (not fully happy with this)
The WrapGrid scrolls horizontally like in Windows Store Apps Big Grin
(2013-03-21, 18:06)Rotten Wrote: Ok, first thing , you made an awesome skin (mod), but since you wont support multiple views and I dont like some other little things, I already started to mod the skin to my needs.
First time I'm skinnin anything XBMC related.

So basically I just want to share my new Music Collection View.

- Changed Grid
- Changed Selection state: zoomin and no overlay, little border
- Changed DefaultCover
- Moved Artist & Genre together in the 2nd Headerline (not fully happy with this)
The WrapGrid scrolls horizontally like in Windows Store Apps Big Grin

Agree. Although niamu has made a great mod from original Lightbox skin, some more views would be very welcomed, specially in the movies and tvshows sections. Are you going to make this mod publicly available? or is it for your personal use only?

Cheers!
Yeah, will release it for sure, but it will take a while till I consider it usable Big Grin
Im also cleaning up the code.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)4