• 12(current)
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)
(2013-08-13, 16:22)minimalko Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 12:16)djcorvus Wrote:
(2013-07-03, 12:14)minimalko Wrote: I must disagree. I would hate to see this fine skin burried under the horrible clutter of half baked views.

Good taste is hard to find on these forums, but you seem to have it Niamu. Please keep it up and don´t get distracted by the endless requests for this and that. Users craving for tons of views have plenty other alternatives to choose from.

What a stupid thing to say. Sorry, but if you think that small, constrained views that don't adequately take advantage of the huge screen real-estate, then you're entitled to select that viewmode. What possible harm could it do to provide other viewmodes for others that disagree with your definition of 'good taste'Huh

It is you who is entitled to select another skin since you obviously dont like the current view, which is pretty much all that the skin stands for.

Being involved in a few skinning projects myself I know how much work it carries to design, code and maintain each view. Niamu clearly expressed his will to keep the skin consistent in the current view only. You are basicaly asking the guy to waste tens of hours of his time just because you find his design small and constrained.

No, I'm making a suggestion that many other people have already asked in this thread. If he doesn't want to include extra views, then fine, but don't dress laziness up as artistic integrity. NOT putting extra views in is restricting that artistic license, not improving it. I only wish I knew how to skin (and had time enough to do it), because even I can envision great views that would compliment this skin beautifully.
If you choose not to be a douche about it, I'll even offer to make up some photoshop mock-ups.
(2013-08-13, 17:48)djcorvus Wrote:
(2013-08-13, 16:22)minimalko Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 12:16)djcorvus Wrote: What a stupid thing to say. Sorry, but if you think that small, constrained views that don't adequately take advantage of the huge screen real-estate, then you're entitled to select that viewmode. What possible harm could it do to provide other viewmodes for others that disagree with your definition of 'good taste'Huh

It is you who is entitled to select another skin since you obviously dont like the current view, which is pretty much all that the skin stands for.

Being involved in a few skinning projects myself I know how much work it carries to design, code and maintain each view. Niamu clearly expressed his will to keep the skin consistent in the current view only. You are basicaly asking the guy to waste tens of hours of his time just because you find his design small and constrained.

No, I'm making a suggestion that many other people have already asked in this thread. If he doesn't want to include extra views, then fine, but don't dress laziness up as artistic integrity. NOT putting extra views in is restricting that artistic license, not improving it. I only wish I knew how to skin (and had time enough to do it), because even I can envision great views that would compliment this skin beautifully.
If you choose not to be a douche about it, I'll even offer to make up some photoshop mock-ups.

If he says he won't add them then he won't add them.
All I read is you calling him lazy while you don't even know how to add it.
Stop whining and use skin as is or move along and choose another. Or even better learn to do it yourself. Since you have absolutely no clue don't say he's lazy or call it lack of artistic view.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I absolutely understand the stance on not wanting a load of views, this really is a top quality skin. but.... Smile ..... I myself would like to have show logos instead of posters in the tv show grid view.
Before I delve in to the code (things have changed a bit since I last tinkered with skins - pre frodo) I thought I'd ask in here, how big a job would it be for me to change this?

I've had a quick scan and it possibly might just be a change a long the lines of, Listitem.Art(tvshow.poster) to Listitem.Art(tvshow.clearlogo) BUT I've not read up properly yet, so I might be way off.

Any pointers?
(2013-08-16, 18:20)Kevo Wrote: I absolutely understand the stance on not wanting a load of views, this really is a top quality skin. but.... Smile ..... I myself would like to have show logos instead of posters in the tv show grid view.
Before I delve in to the code (things have changed a bit since I last tinkered with skins - pre frodo) I thought I'd ask in here, how big a job would it be for me to change this?

I've had a quick scan and it possibly might just be a change a long the lines of, Listitem.Art(tvshow.poster) to Listitem.Art(tvshow.clearlogo) BUT I've not read up properly yet, so I might be way off.

Any pointers?

Yup just like that. Of course dimensions need to be tweaked.
Be sure to backup the changes as a skin update will wipe them.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-13, 17:48)djcorvus Wrote: I'll even offer to make up some photoshop mock-ups.

I'd be interested in a few mock-ups if you have the time.

I don't usually respond well to "MORE VIEWS!", but if someone has something to show me that changes the skin or offers something better designed, I'm always interested in having a look.

Tree_Jammer was in touch with me a while back and was kind enough to offer their blessing on the project. I just took what they had and tweaked it a little, coded the rest of the views and PVR functionality and called it 1.0. Of course, that's oversimplifying several months of work... but the point is that this skin is still very much in its infancy and I'd appreciate anyone that wants to offer up some opinions or design ideas to push this along.

The XBMC community is all about people lending their time to make something better and I'm only a very small part of that, even in the context of this skin. If anyone has mock-ups or concepts that they'd like a discussion around feel free to offer them up without someone asking for them. nbox doesn't exist because someone asked me to make it or asked my opinion. I had some ideas to make things better and I ran with it.

You don't need anyone's permission to add to this project. The code is available on Github; Tree_Jammer has given their blessing; Everything is licensed with Creative Commons 3.0 Share-Alike/Remix so nothing should be holding anyone back from doing whatever they please with what exists now.

Not all of us are the idea people or the designers or the coders. It takes a village and so on...

---

P.S. Closing this thread in favour of the 1.0 thread now since the skin is no longer in beta.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA RELEASE] nbox (Lightbox mod)4