.WMA Albums = no fanart background ?
Hi

I am using Aeon MQ4 Skin and I just noticed a weird thing and it seems to be related to any music albums that are in .WMA files as apposed to .MP3 files.

This album is in .WMA files and no fanart background appears to be displayed for any album that is in .WMA format.

This album is in .MP3 files and fanart background does get displayed OK

I have confirmed this with several different artists, where I have their albums in a mixture of albums in .WMA and albums in .MP3 format.

Why does this happen and can it be fixed ?

Many Thanks
It can be fixed but its not necessarily an easy thing? I would probably advise choosing 1 format for all your files(mp3). Also tagging them with mp3tag or musicbrainz picard can be helpful. I say "can be" helpful because copy protected files are not easily tagged or converted.

Even after conversion you'll probably find inconsistant results and find yourself constantly correcting them. If your a Windows OS user then beware for sure because, what WMP determines as healthy(complete & accurate song info ) audio files, XBMC and affiliated addons(scrapers) determines them differently, so correcting them for XBMC messes them up in WMP and vise versa!

Trust me I've been at this for a month and I have yet to settle on a happy medium that accommodates both programs? Good luck to you and I hope that makes it a lil clearer.

Cheers,

EthricSoul
Hello

Thanks for the reply.

Most of my music is in mp3 however some is in wma. I have spent countless hours tagging the files with mp3tag. And I would say that they are 95% correct, obviously when I notice small issues with the tagging I correct it.

I am migrating from WMP/MCE to XBMC.

I don't understand what displaying a background artist image has to do with the file format or the tags?

But it certainly only seems to be the albums that are WMA that are not displaying the fanart.
I've looked at all the main music artists (not compilation ones) in XBMC and ensured that every artist has a fanart background image and an artist thumb image, I even added a load of new artists on to theaudiodb.com website. So I know I have background images for them all!

Now seeing that WMA albums do not display these fanart backgrounds yet the MP3 albums can, seems to be a bug to me?

Thanks
Sounds like this is the same problem here !!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158679
I just converted the Bob Marley Soul Almighty album from WMA to MP3 using the iTunes import feature and now that album is being displayed correctly in XBMC after a library update.

I have about 4000 tracks in WMA format don't fancy converting them all, lets hope the bug gets fixed!
This problem with the WMA files not only affects the fanart background not being displayed but the years are wrong and there is no artist name showing on the songs.

MP3 Album - Looks correct with artist name showing on each track and the correct year and fanart

Looking at an individual song, artist name showing and year correct with fanart

WMA Album -

No artist name showing against each track, years incorrect, no fanart

Looking at individual song, no artist name top left, year incorrect and no fanart

I don't think this is a skin issue. MQ4 will look for the tagging information in the same place regardless of the format of the file.

I have you tried to test the issue with a different skin?
definitely don't think this is skin related. I have the exact same problems with WMA files and I see the issue regardless of skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.WMA Albums = no fanart background ?0