My First Build - Help Please!!
Hi guys! Smile

I have been a lurker for a little while and I am attempting to build one of Eskro’s mini-itx builds for group#5

I just want to make sure this all works so It would be awesome if someone could give me the green light on the components I am about to order:

[CPU] Intel Celeron G530 Sandy Bridge 2.4GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80623G530
[MOBO] ASRock B75M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
[GPU] ZOTAC GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
[CASE] APEX MI-008 Black Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 250W Power Supply
[FAN] SilenX EFX-12-15 120mm Effizio Quiet Case Fan

**Main question - Does it matter that the 210 is 1GB - would there be any problems with incorporating this GPUHuh

Also - would it make sense to swap to a bigger case like the Silverstone SG06? No need for the separate fan right? And would it be easier to assemble?

Also confused on the CPU – should I be purchasing intel pentium 620 vs above?

Sorry for being such a noob!!
Hi Anita,

i think you should look out for a Celeron G1610. it is pretty much the same, but TDP is 10W lower, and the Graphics Unit should be better.
Maybe the Intel graphics fit your needs and you don't need the GeForce. Just give it a try before buying one Wink.
I would also suggest, as flabbamann, that you get a Celeron G1610 and, at first, let the nvidia out. You can try if the celeron GPU works and, if it doesn't, you can always purchase the nvidia.

With regards to the nvidia, I would get a 610 or a 520, which are much newer and should also have a lower TDP.

About the case, if can go bigger, maybe you could consider the Silverstone ML03B, it's well regarded here.
I'd drop the GPU,..but more because it's a Zotac.
Hi Guys!! Thank you SO much for the input!!!

If I stick with the celeron 530 and if I end up getting a GPU - would the ASUS GT430 1GB be a good option? Not interested in 3D but more so for HD audio?
(2013-03-15, 17:16)anita999 Wrote: would the ASUS GT430 1GB be a good option?
Yes, I used to have Evga GeForce GT 430. It should be a great little card to have for HTPC.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My First Build - Help Please!!0