Req Confluence Skin back to XBMC 11 quality
I personally agree with you, but even if the developers listen to you, you're gonna have to wait until the next iteration of XBMC anyway. Why not just do it yourself.

I posted instructions on how here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203880
I agree 100% with the OP. Nearly everyone commenting back arguing with the guy are coming off like donkey's.
The change in the skin to accommodate lower powered devices should have never been rolled out by itself. There should be two... three separate skins. One for lower powered devices (minimal), one for higher powered devices (normal) and one for touch devices (touch). Now i'm aware there is already a touch skin, so why not a fully featured one. I have been using Confluence Modified with Frodo since I upgraded because I was disappointed with the static ugly background and the out of place blue menu text changed from white. It looks terrible. I found the modded version supported changing the color and ability to set custom backgrounds. Only problem now is, the author of the modded skin is no longer supporting it or updating it due to lack of interest and personal issues. Therefor I have yet to upgrade to Gotham. There is of yet, no other modded skin that has the ability to change main menu font color back to white. There are ways to do it, basically advanced (making manual modifications to program files) ways that I really dont want to have to mess with at the moment.
So the OP raises a valid point and most arguing with him seem to not be reading what he is writing.
OK, this is a bit of a zombie thread, but I'm going to go ahead and post my thoughts.

1- The developers and the folks who create the default skin are all volunteers. They have to balance the desires of the community with their ability to deliver a core product that will function consistently on a large range of devices.

2- Sure, three "default" skins would have been nice, but that's a great deal more work than one (see everyone is a volunteer).

3- There are so many skins out there that you really can choose something different that will better meet your needs.

4- Because all the code is open and available, there are a half a dozen (or more) Confluence mods out there for Gotham. I think at least one does what the OP wants. Yes, that mod may not be supported forever, but somebody will probably create another that does much of the same stuff.
Would be somewhat sane argument to say that the default skin could support the extra features as addons or something like that, but extending some skins features like that isnt fully supported at least I dont think it is, like adding multi-background support or whatever just via addons and not making them hard depends. (some things are possible like better search) but no one want the support burden of any of it. Given like pksout said its about volunteers and free time.

The problem becomes one of maintaining these add-ons and supporting them, much like all of them fall into disrepair.

However many addons cause issues with skin stability this is also some consideration and imo the main blocker for such ideas.

Again Ill reiterate what pkscout said, and extend to say that given enough human resources and goodwill and above all cooperation is what projects like XBMC/Kodi are about and why it has succeeded thus far, anything else yields no worthy results but often futile arguments.
They should just make an "XBMC Lite" version, for systems like Raspberry Pi. Make everyone happy.
They should make more powerful raspberry pi....
Ow wait, it's called a NUC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Skin back to XBMC 11 quality0