• 2(current)
[WIP] Dawn
(2013-03-19, 21:25)butchabay Wrote: Smile
It's just a part of the home menu, the plan is to get it ready for xbmc 13 ... enough time to finish other things first

other 3 or 4 skins?
lol
Cheers
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
nice work. be careful with navigation though, mixing horizontal and vertical lists can really be a pain Smile
i also suggest moving either the widget part or the fanart itself down. that way the more essential parts would become visible, not only the bodys and legs^^
keep it up.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-03-20, 16:52)phil65 Wrote: nice work. be careful with navigation though, mixing horizontal and vertical lists can really be a pain Smile
i also suggest moving either the widget part or the fanart itself down. that way the more essential parts would become visible, not only the bodys and legs^^
keep it up.

Hi Phil, hope won't be a big pain Smile About Fanart, you're right, i think i'll move it down. Thanx mate.
(2013-03-20, 16:52)phil65 Wrote: nice work. be careful with navigation though, mixing horizontal and vertical lists can really be a pain Smile
I also had concerns about this when I saw the screens. In addition it took me quite some time to figure why the poster is shown twice - didn't realize that the upper one is part of a horz scrolling item list.
Navigation Concept:

Top Bar Home Menu --> Left - Right> Navigation Home Items ... down> directly to always visible Side Bar Sub Menu

Side Bar Sub Menu --> Up - Down> Navigation Sub Menu Items ... right> widgets ( if available ) else Top Bar Home Menu, ... left> Top Bar

Inside Widgets --> Left - Right Navigation Covers ... left> back to Side Bar Sub Menu when first Cover is focused ... up> Top Bar
IMHO the horizontal bar with more info about every item from the widgets is redundant. It clatters the screen, cuts of about 10-15% more from the background and you end up with... 4 bars. One vertical and three horizontal because and the horizontal posters they look like... another bar. Not to mention the (one more ?) small rss ticket on the top. IMHO it look much better if you would remove the info from the bar (it supposed to be a widget not a full view) and put there the posters from the widgets. Less clatter and more space for the background.

I like the navigation logic. For me is not confusing at all

Cheers
Nessus
(2013-03-21, 14:12)nessus Wrote: IMHO the horizontal bar with more info about every item from the widgets is redundant. It clatters the screen, cuts of about 10-15% more from the background and you end up with... 4 bars. One vertical and three horizontal because and the horizontal posters they look like... another bar. Not to mention the (one more ?) small rss ticket on the top. IMHO it look much better if you would remove the info from the bar (it supposed to be a widget not a full view) and put there the posters from the widgets. Less clatter and more space for the background.

I like the navigation logic. For me is not confusing at all

Cheers
Nessus

No, posters and rss feed aren't bars, i absolutely don't care to see the hole background, if i'm honest i don't like fullscreen fanarts without a bit of overlay or colordiffuse. Anyway thanx for your feedback. Smile
Moved down infos and fanart, added plot ...

Another one:

- Removed blue bar
- Changed fonts
- Brighter unfocused Covers
- Darker Fanart

The screenshots in post #23 look better to me. The fanart isn't too obscured.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
Here my last attempt Smile

Hope you like it as i do ... ofcourse suggestions are always welcome.

That looks fantastic! Very nice work man, as usual.
(2013-03-25, 23:49)butchabay Wrote: Here my last attempt Smile

This could be an excellent view....Smile

... but for Home screen, is to much for me... just thinking at loud Angel

Cheers
Nessus
Forgot to mention, there will be an option for less info on home, and also the option to disable clearart.
So at least you'll have less info without plot and clearart.
(2013-03-25, 23:49)butchabay Wrote: Here my last attempt Smile

Oh yeah...Now that's a piece of art!
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Dawn4