Smart TV that supports kodi
My TV just crapped out are there any Smart TV's that will actually run kodi?
I believe there are some android based televisions that you can install Kodi on, but it is not advisable due to low powered hardware and not being able to upgrade easily.

A better option is to not limit yourself to android based TVs and grab a Pi2 or something small to hide behind the TV you want.
+1, IMHO SmartTVs are not quite "Smart" yet if you ask me... But it all depends on your requirements.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
The television would need to run Android 4.2 or later plus come with Google Play Store.

Kodi 15 is available on Google Play (app store) and requires Android 4.2 (OS) or newer.

As already mentioned they are still not recommended as external devices are better.
Yeah I have a pc with some 50ft cables ran through the house right now works great. I just needed a new tv and was wondering if I could get one that kodi could run on. Someone needs to make a kodi tv!
Or just use one of the tiny x86 or ARM/Android boxes/sticks that are out there. They're so small that you don't even notice they're not a part of the TV.
I have a sony XBR-55X850C which runs android TV, one of the first things i did when i picked it up was sideload kodi just for kicks. It works, but I wouldn't recommend it... rending the UI at 4K is a little too much for the SoC. If anyone is interested in any particular details i'm happy to provide them. It's neat to be able to sideload any android app onto the TV, but as everyone else has already said just stick with a more capable external box if you want a good experience.
I recently bought a Hisense Smart TV running Android 4.2. I have just downloaded Kodi from the Play Store and it installed easily on the TV. I configured all my favourite addons and loaded my Movie library by connecting my hard drive to the TV. The problem I am having is that Kodi plays / streams SD movies perfectly, but when playing or streaming HD movies the picture jumps quite badly. My TV however plays the HD movies perfectly from the TV's video player. I have reverted back to using my MX111 DroidTV which works perfectly. Does anybody know what could be causing this problem in Kodi?
(2015-06-29, 11:30)ajmeyer Wrote: I recently bought a Hisense Smart TV running Android 4.2. I have just downloaded Kodi from the Play Store and it installed easily on the TV. I configured all my favourite addons and loaded my Movie library by connecting my hard drive to the TV. The problem I am having is that Kodi plays / streams SD movies perfectly, but when playing or streaming HD movies the picture jumps quite badly. My TV however plays the HD movies perfectly from the TV's video player. I have reverted back to using my MX111 DroidTV which works perfectly. Does anybody know what could be causing this problem in Kodi?

My guess is that Kodi isn't able to use your TV's hardware video acceleration, so is using software decode. SD software decode is far less CPU intensive than HD decode - so your TV's CPU may be running out of steam with HD content in the absence of Kodi being able to access hardware acceleration. The TV's internal player is no doubt designed to work with the VPU in your TV, so has hardware acceleration?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart TV that supports kodi0