[RELEASE] Droid

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Tobby Offline
Fan
(2013-03-18 00:28)Big_Noid Wrote:  @hunkyn: Thx, I'll certainly need more testers down the road, but I should at least have all dialogs and windows skinned for proper testing. I'll post here when those are done.

Some more screenies. Fullscreen video/ Pause screen, osd, bookmarks and settings:
Love how you mixed in a bit of Android in the design. Looks great.
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-18 20:31 by Tobby.)
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
(2013-03-18 20:31)Tobby Wrote:  Love how you mixed in a bit of Android in the design. Looks great.

Thx, the original idea was to have it based on Android ICS/Jellybean, i let that go, but its still heavily influenced by it and most of the textures and icons are from Android.
find quote
Tobby Offline
Fan
(2013-03-18 21:16)Big_Noid Wrote:  
(2013-03-18 20:31)Tobby Wrote:  Love how you mixed in a bit of Android in the design. Looks great.

Thx, the original idea was to have it based on Android ICS/Jellybean, i let that go, but its still heavily influenced by it and most of the textures and icons are from Android.
I can tell. Nod

Do you also use the Roboto font?
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-19 17:39 by Tobby.)
find quote
Baswazz Offline
Fan
This looks really nice for the Raspberry Pi. Can't wait to see more.

Frontend : Running on AMD Fusion A6-3500
Frontend : Raspberry PI (Raspbmc)
Remote : Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid (revised) / Boxee remote
Ziggo TV Channel Logo Pack (Dutch)
find quote
azrael17 Offline
Would love to test this out on my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Is there a download source anywhere or an alpha/beta release planned?
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
(2013-03-19 17:19)Tobby Wrote:  Do you also use the Roboto font?
Yep Smile
(2013-03-21 23:05)Baswazz Wrote:  This looks really nice for the Raspberry Pi. Can't wait to see more.
It's fast enough for my tegra2 device, I dont know how that compares to a Pi.
(2013-03-22 20:06)azrael17 Wrote:  Would love to test this out on my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Is there a download source anywhere or an alpha/beta release planned?
I will submit a testing version to the skinning dev repo when I'm ready for bugfixing. Atm I have all xml's skinned except for the filestacking dialog and the karaoke xmls. Still need to do a lot of work for the music/picture and addon views though and animations.
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Updated first post with link to github. Feedback is appreciated.
find quote
butchabay Offline
Skilled Skinner
Wow mate! This skin is looking amazing. Tested only with a remote, haven't any touch device.
Only bug i've noticed, accessing media menu from home, changing to random fanart, home menu looses focus and you can't move untill you refresh the skin.
Other than that, really well done.
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
Great thats good to hear Big Grin
I will probably need to test better only using keyboard, was using mouse mainly during development.
find quote
hunkyn Offline
Fan
WOW just wow. I tried on tf101 and it flies so I thought let's try on my main PC and it is sooo fast that I cannot believe it. No issues except when you using touch screen it is hard to highlight section. (for example the default on home screen is movies. If I want to highlight TV Shows then it is harder. If I press on TV shows then it goes it the TV library without highlighting) Other than that no issues. Tried the keyboard and all of it works great no issues. Will report back if any.

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
(2013-03-27 01:53)hunkyn Wrote:  WOW just wow. I tried on tf101 and it flies so I thought let's try on my main PC and it is sooo fast that I cannot believe it. No issues except when you using touch screen it is hard to highlight section. (for example the default on home screen is movies. If I want to highlight TV Shows then it is harder. If I press on TV shows then it goes it the TV library without highlighting) Other than that no issues. Tried the keyboard and all of it works great no issues. Will report back if any.

Thx. For the main menu, a tap will open the item, a longer press on an item will keep the focus.

@all: although it is designed with touch devices in mind, it should have some nice views for your htpc, so try it out.
find quote
hunkyn Offline
Fan
(2013-03-27 20:27)Big_Noid Wrote:  
(2013-03-27 01:53)hunkyn Wrote:  WOW just wow. I tried on tf101 and it flies so I thought let's try on my main PC and it is sooo fast that I cannot believe it. No issues except when you using touch screen it is hard to highlight section. (for example the default on home screen is movies. If I want to highlight TV Shows then it is harder. If I press on TV shows then it goes it the TV library without highlighting) Other than that no issues. Tried the keyboard and all of it works great no issues. Will report back if any.

Thx. For the main menu, a tap will open the item, a longer press on an item will keep the focus.

@all: although it is designed with touch devices in mind, it should have some nice views for your htpc, so try it out.

Yes i figured it out after playing with it for an hour on my touch screen. I agree that it is not just for touch devices and works very very good on HTPC too. I still went back to Aeon Nox because of all the extra flare but this is a good candidate for my old PC Tongue

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
(2013-03-27 21:05)hunkyn Wrote:  
(2013-03-27 20:27)Big_Noid Wrote:  

I still went back to Aeon Nox because of all the extra flare but this is a good candidate for my old PC Tongue
Yeah, this is not meant to compete with Nox Big Grin
The aim is usability, especially for touch controls, and performance and still have a nice interface in the process.
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team-XBMC
I'm missing the ability to go to add-ons in the setting screen or am i just plain blind Tongue

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

For your mediacenter artwork go to
[Image: fanarttv.png]
find quote
BigNoid Offline
Team-XBMC Member
highlight music on the main screen and then addons is on the right.
find quote