• 10(current)
Media Manager for Music
I see that it is compatible with Mac as well. Will take a look at it when I'm home. Thanks
Thanks for this Ethyria!!

I noticed that when selecting an album the program only lists mp3 tracks. Is it possible to list tracks for flac and m4a files as well?
(2014-11-04, 09:29)Miss_80 Wrote: @Ethyria, just a quick question. I have my music in the following structure => Music -> Artist -> Tracks

Do I understand it correctly that I first need to organize them in album folders? That's fine, but than I first need iTunes to organize my music library, which I normally refuse Wink but for this application to work I'll make an exception.

Symphony doesn't use a database and writes all it's data straight to the NFO so it does rely on a certain folder structure. The way it works at the moment is you have a top level music folder with all the sub folders being artists, which populates the artist list on the left. Selecting an artist on the left then grabs the subfolders (ignoring metadata folders) and populates the albums list on the right, then the same process again for tracks.

(2014-11-04, 10:43)pit_bull Wrote: Scrape button gave me an error but it seems to work nicely.

Glad it's working. You may see some errors every now and again as I'm still working out the bugs.

(2014-11-04, 10:33)Miss_80 Wrote: Because iTunes does it automatically according the proposed structure, when I let it. If I have to do it manually, it will take me a lot of time.

I just wanted to reiterate that it's probably best not to point Symphony at your entire collection straight away. Run a few tests yourself to make sure it's working as you expect it to first Smile

(2014-11-04, 11:26)Miss_80 Wrote: I see that it is compatible with Mac as well. Will take a look at it when I'm home. Thanks

I'm not a mac user myself but Symphony is built in .Net which is a Windows framework so I'm not sure it will work on your mac, not without some sort of virtual environment.

(2014-11-04, 11:56)JCMatos Wrote: Thanks for this Ethyria!!

I noticed that when selecting an album the program only lists mp3 tracks. Is it possible to list tracks for flac and m4a files as well?

Funny you should mention it, this is actually something I fixed not long after I uploaded the build. I'll try and get another build out as soon as I can with the fix so you can have a better play with it.
Quote:I've uploaded a release build to dropbox if anyone is interested in having a play with Symphony in its current state:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5qmll0w843ze...y.zip?dl=0

Yay something to play with! I tested Symphony against some of my artists folder and so far I'm impressed. Artist scraping worked without problems for me. Scraped data gets saved into artist.nfo, cool! Big Grin

Some things I noticed:
  • I have a fanart.jpg in artist folder. Whenever I select an artist on left navigation, it shows the fanart which is cool. All extrafanart are shown as thumbs below. Now whenever I click on an extrafanart, the default fanart disappears and can't be displayed again.
    Maybe add a section "fanart" on right side above logo/thumb?
    Heres a screenshot:
  • Platinum & Gold Collection from Ace of Base can't be scraped. When I type "Platinum AND Gold Collection" in searchbar entry is found
  • CDArt and albumart is shown in Symphony (very nice!) but whenever I click on "Save" while having a Albumart selected Symphony crashes

So far good job!
With your first release I managed to scrape all my artist images (logo, extrafanarts, thumbs, artist.nfo) which is really cool, thx!
Btw, I have lot of Singles as albums - my "Single" folders are named like "artist - title" while my albums are just named "Album title". For singles I have a hard time finding any entries on audio.db - for albums it works really well. But guess that can't be helped?

Keep up the great work!
You can add singles manually to TADB, just register and click the pencil icon on the artist page to add them.

They are not imported automatically but any user can add them and upload covers ect.
Looks very promising!

Does Symphony read the id3 tags to pull artist and album info as well as musicbrainz ids or only use the names in the folder structure? I am finding "Weird Al" Yankovic does not work, as the folder name doesn't contain quotes as they are not valid windows file name characters, yet the id3 tags does include the quotes. In symphony it shows the artist as Weird Al Yankovic without the quotes and nothing happens when i hit scrape. Yet trying another artist, like Green Day works fine.

Also could you please add the dimensions under all the images, so when there are multiple images we know which one to select? That way if there is an 800x800 and a 300x300, one can choose the image that would best meet their needs.
(2014-11-04, 20:22)Cocotus Wrote: Yay something to play with! I tested Symphony against some of my artists folder and so far I'm impressed. Artist scraping worked without problems for me. Scraped data gets saved into artist.nfo, cool! Big Grin

Some things I noticed:
  • I have a fanart.jpg in artist folder. Whenever I select an artist on left navigation, it shows the fanart which is cool. All extrafanart are shown as thumbs below. Now whenever I click on an extrafanart, the default fanart disappears and can't be displayed again.
    Maybe add a section "fanart" on right side above logo/thumb?
    Heres a screenshot:
  • Platinum & Gold Collection from Ace of Base can't be scraped. When I type "Platinum AND Gold Collection" in searchbar entry is found
  • CDArt and albumart is shown in Symphony (very nice!) but whenever I click on "Save" while having a Albumart selected Symphony crashes

So far good job!
With your first release I managed to scrape all my artist images (logo, extrafanarts, thumbs, artist.nfo) which is really cool, thx!
Btw, I have lot of Singles as albums - my "Single" folders are named like "artist - title" while my albums are just named "Album title". For singles I have a hard time finding any entries on audio.db - for albums it works really well. But guess that can't be helped?

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the feedback, I've added the bugs to my list and I'll get them sorted out. If you notice any more, keep them coming Smile

(2014-11-05, 00:50)hiphutch Wrote: Looks very promising!

Does Symphony read the id3 tags to pull artist and album info as well as musicbrainz ids or only use the names in the folder structure? I am finding "Weird Al" Yankovic does not work, as the folder name doesn't contain quotes as they are not valid windows file name characters, yet the id3 tags does include the quotes. In symphony it shows the artist as Weird Al Yankovic without the quotes and nothing happens when i hit scrape. Yet trying another artist, like Green Day works fine.

Also could you please add the dimensions under all the images, so when there are multiple images we know which one to select? That way if there is an 800x800 and a 300x300, one can choose the image that would best meet their needs.

I currently have the ability to read ID3 tags wired up but I just need to put it to use in the scraper. Image dimensions is definitely on the list.
Hi Ethyria, I was referring to MusicBrainz Picard as 'working on a Mac'. I know Symphony is windows based (for now). I definitely need to find the time to play around with your tool Big Grin
(2014-11-05, 09:50)Miss_80 Wrote: Hi Ethyria, I was referring to MusicBrainz Picard as 'working on a Mac'. I know Symphony is windows based (for now). I definitely need to find the time to play around with your tool Big Grin

ohhh, sorry I must have read it wrong Smile
@Ethyria

I have played a little bit with my "real" database yesterday... And for a "pre-Alpha" it works veryy well.
I had some crashes when I click on >Album< but only for some interpreters... Is there a debug mog
or log so that I can find out what is the problem?

At the moment you only add AudioDB right?

As far at it is, you did a very good job!
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-11-05, 09:59)sveni_lee Wrote: @Ethyria

I have played a little bit with my "real" database yesterday... And for a "pre-Alpha" it works veryy well.
I had some crashes when I click on >Album< but only for some interpreters... Is there a debug mog
or log so that I can find out what is the problem?

At the moment you only add AudioDB right?

As far at it is, you did a very good job!

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately no logging yet, it's one of the next things on my list.
Hi @Ethyria

I use MBPicard to tag my music files, which by the way is the most comprehensive program that is out there.
My question is this, Symphony uses only data collected from AudioDB to create the info file or collect only the missing data, using data in tags when is present?

ps: sorry my bad english.
(2014-11-05, 00:46)zag Wrote: You can add singles manually to TADB, just register and click the pencil icon on the artist page to add them.

They are not imported automatically but any user can add them and upload covers ect.

Awesome! Will try this out this weekend!
(2014-11-05, 16:28)rgponce Wrote: Hi @Ethyria

I use MBPicard to tag my music files, which by the way is the most comprehensive program that is out there.
My question is this, Symphony uses only data collected from AudioDB to create the info file or collect only the missing data, using data in tags when is present?

ps: sorry my bad english.

MB Picard is my favorite FREE program. As far as comprehensive goes, there are far better, as picard only uses MB as a source for tagging. For paid programs, I highly recommend Jaikoz, which is another program based off of MB. It is actively developed and programmed by the same guy that does all the database search functionality for musicbrainz.org. Very responsive and helpful dev as well. It uses both musicbrainz and discogs as its sources for tagging. It allows you to view and modify every possible id3 field out there. He also has a program called SongKong which is more of an automated app where you just point it to your collection and it does everything automatically with very little user interaction. Great for those that are not hard core taggers and need the most minute control. I currently use both, and they are working great with Symphony.

Super excited about all the attention it is getting and all the hard work Ethyria is putting into it. Looks like it will be one of the best tools to fill this massive void for xbmc, err kodi!
Hi Ethyria, Hi Everybody

Really a very good work for a pre-alpha release. I have test it on my database of 16 000 songs, 1 400 artists and 1 000 albums.
All my MP3 are correctly tagged. That's why I focalize my tests on the artist view.

The look & fell is very good. Keep it simple as possible.

First try to a missing nfo artist:
- disbanded is not record on the nfo file (tag <disbanded></disbanded> present in the generated file. If you fill up the nfo tag with an editor and restart symphony, it's work after a new save action.
- unable to insert carriage return by keyboard in biography. If you paste a selection having carriage return inside, only the text to the first carriage return is copied.

Second try to a missing nfo artist with the scrapper :
- if the name change (i.e. "5.6.7.8's (The)" become "The 5.6.7.8's", the save action save nothing ! If I rename the artist with the old name before saving, it's works. I have check that no directory with the new artist name was created.
- If you click on an album, symphony hangs for 5 seconds before stop.
- No refresh of data is done when coming back to the main window (have to manualy chage the artist and come back to see the changes).

Third try to an existing nfo :
- the save action don't keep extra tag for symphony: at least the discography
<album>
<title>Bomb The Rocks</title>
<year>2002</year>
</album>
<album>
<title>Teenage Mojo Workout</title>
<year>2003</year>
</album>

The discography is the main problem for me, I don't want to loose all I ready manually set since 2 years.
Is it possible to keep existing tags even they are not yet managed by Symphony (at least the xbmc/kodi ones: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music) ?

Some ideas for next versions :
- generate the discographie with local files (a lot of artists are'nt referenced)
- scrappe the discography
- filter the list of artists with specific criterias wich are empty as biography, discography, and all tags in general.
(EDIT) - scrappe cdart too

Keep up the great work
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3