• 7(current)
Media Manager for Music
Can't wait ..... Well I will. :-)
[/quote]

Unfortunately at the moment it's Windows only, as I was originally just building this for personal use I chose to develop in C# / WPF. Once I finish Symphony off I will definitely look at a more universal solution.
[/quote]

No worries. I have a windows PC as well. Big Grin
@Ethyria I was going to start manually going through my music this evening but will hold off for now. Thank you for taking the time to develop this software, looking forward to using it. If possible could you allow multiple music folders? I have mind based in users.

Music/user1/album artist/album/
Music/user2/album artist/album
Etc...

Where are you sourcing the artwork from?

Thank you for the consideration
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-14, 12:19)bry- Wrote: @Ethyria I was going to start manually going through my music this evening but will hold off for now. Thank you for taking the time to develop this software, looking forward to using it. If possible could you allow multiple music folders? I have mind based in users.

Music/user1/album artist/album/
Music/user2/album artist/album
Etc...

Sure, I don't see why not. I can allow for multiple sources but they would still show all combined together in one list of artists on the left

(2014-10-14, 12:19)bry- Wrote: Where are you sourcing the artwork from?

Haven't even started on the scrapers yet unfortunately as i'm still working on the GUI and parsing/writing NFO's. Off the top of my head I would guess I would use AudioDB and Fanart.tv, but I'm definitely open to suggestions.

With regards to the folder structure, I use: Music/Artist/Album. Does anyone else use anything different?
Wow, this is looking great. can't wait to try it out!

That's the folder structure I use. Thanks so much for working on this!
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
I want to beta-test this!
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-10-14, 09:51)Ethyria Wrote: Unfortunately at the moment it's Windows only, as I was originally just building this for personal use I chose to develop in C# / WPF. Once I finish Symphony off I will definitely look at a more universal solution.

If it's all standard Windows stuff it'll probably run OK under Wine Smile

Can't wait to try it and see!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-10-14, 22:58)Ethyria Wrote: With regards to the folder structure, I use: Music/Artist/Album. Does anyone else use anything different?

FWIW, Mine is set up like the following:
Music\Artist\Year-Album\
This looks awesome and can't wait.
@Ethyria perhaps look at Musicbrainz since that is what xbmc now uses for music. Seems to make the most sense iml
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-10-15, 23:22)ccruzen Wrote: FWIW, Mine is set up like the following:
Music\Artist\Year-Album\
This looks awesome and can't wait.

Thanks ccruzen, I want to make sure I account for everyone's folder structure.

(2014-10-15, 23:27)bry- Wrote: @Ethyria perhaps look at Musicbrainz since that is what xbmc now uses for music. Seems to make the most sense iml

Thanks bry-, i'll be working on the scraper next so I'll definitely add Musicbrainz to the list.
Really looking forward to this, will there be an option to easily rate music tracks in the program?...
(2014-10-16, 12:21)Jay La Funk Wrote: Really looking forward to this, will there be an option to easily rate music tracks in the program?...

I can certainly look at adding it, as I'm working on the nfo parsing and writing at the moment. I don't personally use ratings, ideally would the rating be scraped via the api's or would it be entered by yourself in the program?
(2014-10-16, 13:10)Ethyria Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 12:21)Jay La Funk Wrote: Really looking forward to this, will there be an option to easily rate music tracks in the program?...

I can certainly look at adding it, as I'm working on the nfo parsing and writing at the moment. I don't personally use ratings, ideally would the rating be scraped via the api's or would it be entered by yourself in the program?

I would prefer to enter my ratings in the program myself and hopefully Kodi would pick up on them when updating the music library then people could make some smart playlists based on artists 5 stars, 4 stars or all 5 star tracks etc...
Just a quick update: I have finished on the xml parsing for the reading and writing of NFO files and have begun work on the scraper. At the moment it is using MusicBrainz as the initial search, then using the Music Brainz ID to query TheAudioDB and Fanart.tv.

If there are any other scrapers that you guys use that I am not aware of, let me know and i'll add them.

Also, at Jay La Funk's request, I'll be adding the ability to rate albums / tracks. I just need to work out the best option.
@Ethyria thank you so much

IMPORTANT:
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3