• 9(current)
Media Manager for Music
WOW, I can't wait for this. And your going to add Music Video Support....that's just the cherry on top.

Please be sure to put a donate button somewhere, so I can give you money for this.
(2014-10-31, 04:24)Ethyria Wrote: I thought I might share a quick video showing the current state of Symphony, in particular the scraper:

Looking very impressive! One suggestion on your current layout, could you add the dimensions underneath the pictures when choosing artwork? That way if you have 2 covers to choose from that appear the same, you can tell which one is the higher quality one.
Could you, please, add the option to chose the language of scraped infos of albums and artists when available?

ps: sorry my bad english
(2014-11-02, 08:27)rgponce Wrote: Could you, please, add the option to chose the language of scraped infos of albums and artists when available?

Apologies, I hadn't even considered this. I'll definitely look at adding it though. I'll have to investigate how it is handled via the various API's.
Thank you, you are great Smile
@Ethyria
Just watched your youtube demo and it's really impressive! Your application looks awesome thanks for all the effort! Since Ember doesn't provide any music support I will definately give this a try Cool
Superb News!

I'm the admin of TheAudioDB.com and have sent you a API key for the release version.

Some feature requests from me:

- Track scores - You can scrape the intScore variable on the API, it will be an float from 1-5. Example: 3.8. It would be nice to manually over ride this number as well.
- Album scores - Again you can scrape the intScore variable on the API.
- Album reviews
- Nfo creation
- Mvid support (you can query the API with the strMusicVid variable
- www.IMVDB.com music video metadata support? (TheAudioDB also stores a simpler load of music video data but IMVDB is more complete)

If you feel you need any new features on the online sites, or xbmc then just let me know and i will see what I can do.

Its been a long time coming for this type of software and I will help any way I can Wink
(2014-11-02, 11:51)Cocotus Wrote: @Ethyria
Just watched your youtube demo and it's really impressive! Your application looks awesome thanks for all the effort! Since Ember doesn't provide any music support I will definately give this a try Cool

Thanks Cocotus Smile

(2014-11-02, 13:56)zag Wrote: Superb News!

I'm the admin of TheAudioDB.com and have sent you a API key for the release version.

Some feature requests from me:

- Track scores - You can scrape the intScore variable on the API, it will be an float from 1-5. Example: 3.8. It would be nice to manually over ride this number as well.
- Album scores - Again you can scrape the intScore variable on the API.
- Album reviews
- Nfo creation
- Mvid support (you can query the API with the strMusicVid variable
- www.IMVDB.com music video metadata support? (TheAudioDB also stores a simpler load of music video data but IMVDB is more complete)

If you feel you need any new features on the online sites, or xbmc then just let me know and i will see what I can do.

Its been a long time coming for this type of software and I will help any way I can Wink

Thanks for the really quick turnaround on the API key Zag, much appreciated. A great list of ideas there aswell.

I actually had album scores planned but album reviews and track scores are a great idea! I'm currently just finishing off the nfo parsing for albums then will hopefully have the (pre)alpha out.

Music Video support is definitely happening (something I've been wanting for a long time) so thanks for sharing IMVDB aswell, I wasn't even aware of that site's existence.
I've uploaded a release build to dropbox if anyone is interested in having a play with Symphony in its current state:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5qmll0w843ze...y.zip?dl=0

Symphony is built using .Net 4.5.1 so if you are not on Windows 8.1 (which as 4.5.1 installed by default), you will need to download and install .Net 4.5.1 from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40779

It's important to note that this release is definitely in a alpha / pre-alpha state, so it's purely just for trying it out. I can't stress enough that you should not use this on your music collection, I haven't experienced any issues myself but it's definitely better to be safe for now. I highly recommend making a copy of your music library and using that for testing.

Adding your music:

At present, Symphony requires a music structure as shown below:

Artist Folder -> Album Folder -> Tracks

Once you open Symphony, select 'Settings' and enter or browse to your music path and click 'save', the artist list should refresh with library.

Scraping:

Clicking the 'Scrape' button will load the scraper window, defaulting to the artist scraper window. Simply select the correct artist from the search result list to kick off the scraping (it will automatically take you to the next tab once complete. At the top of the window you will notice two save buttons, 'Save' and 'Save All', clicking 'Save' will save the metadata from the current tab whereas 'Save All' will save data from all tabs in that current section (ie Artist or Album).

Some things to note:

* Music Videos is still a WIP so the button will not do anything.

* When scraping, existing metadata takes precedence so if you have existing metadata in a field it will not be overwritten. (Artwork functions differently, if you select an image from the artwork tab, any existing image will be overwritten with your selection.

This is a very early build but I thought it would be fun to let you all have a look and have a play. I've done some VERY basic testing in a Windows 8 and Windows 7 VM and it ran okay but you still may experience problems or crashes. I'll try and release regular builds for you to test and play with, so if you do experience any problems hang in there and the issue will be fixed in future builds.

I just want to stress again that this is a alpha build (at best) so don't use this on your actual music collection, make a copy of the music library or just a selection of artists and use that.
(2014-11-04, 02:49)Ethyria Wrote: Symphony is built using .Net 4.5.1 so if you are not on Windows 8.1 (which as 4.5.1 installed by default), you will need to install it from here:

Sad
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@Ethyria

thanks for your work. I just checked it out with three of my artists and it worked great...
I tried on Windows 7 here at work. I will test today evening on my Windows 8.1 Laptop...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
@Ethyria, just a quick question. I have my music in the following structure => Music -> Artist -> Tracks

Do I understand it correctly that I first need to organize them in album folders? That's fine, but than I first need iTunes to organize my music library, which I normally refuse Wink but for this application to work I'll make an exception.
(2014-11-04, 09:29)Miss_80 Wrote: @Ethyria, just a quick question. I have my music in the following structure => Music -> Artist -> Tracks

Do I understand it correctly that I first need to organize them in album folders? That's fine, but than I first need iTunes to organize my music library, which I normally refuse Wink but for this application to work I'll make an exception.

Why do u need iTunes to organize ur library in folders?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Because iTunes does it automatically according the proposed structure, when I let it. If I have to do it manually, it will take me a lot of time.
(2014-11-04, 02:49)Ethyria Wrote: I've uploaded a release build to dropbox if anyone is interested in having a play with Symphony in its current state:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5qmll0w843ze...y.zip?dl=0

Symphony is built using .Net 4.5.1 so if you are not on Windows 8.1 (which as 4.5.1 installed by default), you will need to download and install .Net 4.5.1 from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40779

It's important to note that this release is definitely in a alpha / pre-alpha state, so it's purely just for trying it out. I can't stress enough that you should not use this on your music collection, I haven't experienced any issues myself but it's definitely better to be safe for now. I highly recommend making a copy of your music library and using that for testing.

Adding your music:

At present, Symphony requires a music structure as shown below:

Artist Folder -> Album Folder -> Tracks

Once you open Symphony, select 'Settings' and enter or browse to your music path and click 'save', the artist list should refresh with library.

Scraping:

Clicking the 'Scrape' button will load the scraper window, defaulting to the artist scraper window. Simply select the correct artist from the search result list to kick off the scraping (it will automatically take you to the next tab once complete. At the top of the window you will notice two save buttons, 'Save' and 'Save All', clicking 'Save' will save the metadata from the current tab whereas 'Save All' will save data from all tabs in that current section (ie Artist or Album).

Some things to note:

* Music Videos is still a WIP so the button will not do anything.

* When scraping, existing metadata takes precedence so if you have existing metadata in a field it will not be overwritten. (Artwork functions differently, if you select an image from the artwork tab, any existing image will be overwritten with your selection.

This is a very early build but I thought it would be fun to let you all have a look and have a play. I've done some VERY basic testing in a Windows 8 and Windows 7 VM and it ran okay but you still may experience problems or crashes. I'll try and release regular builds for you to test and play with, so if you do experience any problems hang in there and the issue will be fixed in future builds.

I just want to stress again that this is a alpha build (at best) so don't use this on your actual music collection, make a copy of the music library or just a selection of artists and use that.

Scrape button gave me an error but it seems to work nicely.

(2014-11-04, 10:33)Miss_80 Wrote: Because iTunes does it automatically according the proposed structure, when I let it. If I have to do it manually, it will take me a lot of time.

You can use MusicBrainz Picard as well.

Regards.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3