Streaming Content Library
Hello,

The idea is to have a library that uses python plugins to connect to remote content, be it websites or magnet links. The idea would be to cleanup all the addons that add different sources of video content and add a single place to access them. It could make it easier for non tech people to get XBMC because instead of going through multiple addons they can just use one library like interface. I was going to make a python Addon that would do this and scrape a lot of different websites for content, many already done by different addons but it would be a waist to have to maintain all the different scrapers when they already are, the problem is i do not know C/C++, im learning but I'm no where near the needed level.

I would think that a unified framework that creates a simple interface would be used to add content to existing menus (inside the Library), like Movies and TvShows, or add there own menus like Youtube. With the addition of binary Addons it could be possible for addons to call external players, this would allow things like netflix or amazon prime to be used (even with their, Shudder, DRM Tongue ). It would also allow for the different sources to be update in the background so that when a user goes an checks the On Demand Library they would not have to wait for it to load as long as it often does in different addons. It would also allow things that can come from different sources fall under one object, example, there is a movie but it can be played from different sources it could auto select the best source unless other wised chosen by the viewer.

This could simplify things for both the user and the addon developer.

Thank you.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Already mostly done, just haven't had time to finish it up: https://github.com/bstrdsmkr/plugin.video.waldo
Thats interesting, might have to mess around with that, but i was thinking of something a little more integrated with xbmc. I mean there is a menu for movies, tv shows, pictures, music and Live TV, it makes sense to have a library for on demand stuff that is streaming over the Internet. Something that give you the same or similar features as all the other libraries but for content that is online, and auto syncs with the different sources so there is less waiting around for them to load.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Content Library0