• 2(current)
Recordings not showing up
Hi all,

Probably you have an timezone issue. MythBackend use GMT time to identify recordings:

New recording: 1051_20130318230800.mpg , has timestamp: "RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE ADD 1051 2013-03-18T23:08:00Z"
(2013-03-21, 21:50)LLee Wrote: If I'm reading the failed recording correctly, the timestamp (1363669680) as told failed by EventUpdateRecordings is Tue, 19 Mar 2013 05:08:00 GMT. Currently my time zone is UTC-05:00 (Central Daylight Time for the US) which would make the timestamp adjusted for my time zone Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:08:00 AM. The mpg file is dated Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:08:00. The mpg matches neither the GMT time or UTC-05:00. It does, however, match Central Standard Time, or UTC-06:00. Is it failing because the timestamps don't match under my current time zone/offset? Is part of the software unable to tell that Daylight Savings time / European Summer Time don't start on the same days (March 10th this year vs. the last summer in March)? AFAICT, this issue occurred only after March 10th. Am I chasing the wrong rabbit? Thanks.

Are you in summer time since March 10th in your zone ?
If yes , it could explain why there is the issue. The Myth time string is expressed in UTC. The timestamp is false because it is converted as localtime from the Myth time (UTC). And then it is converted to UTC without take care of DST. It could be patched quickly, but i cannot test it. I could provide a patch for you to test it.
(2013-03-22, 02:26)janbar Wrote: Are you in summer time since March 10th in your zone ?
If yes , it could explain why there is the issue. The Myth time string is expressed in UTC. The timestamp is false because it is converted as localtime from the Myth time (UTC). And then it is converted to UTC without take care of DST. It could be patched quickly, but i cannot test it. I could provide a patch for you to test it.

Yes, I am currently in summer time. Please do provide a test patch, I'd be happy to test it. I might need a little guidance on how to do that, but I'm sure there is documentation somewhere.
Yes it is currently "Summer" here too. DST happened March 10th in most of the USA and Canada. You can send me the patch too. Thanks for your help and all your hard work with the MythTv and XBMC addon!
to try the patch:

Goto your xbmc-pvr-addons source directory and type:

git remote add janbar https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons
git fetch janbar
git cherry-pick 11bd39c81c272b13ef8807367811bef701c152d7

Then:
make clean
and recompile addon

Finally to remove my branch type:
git remote rm janbar

To remove the patch type:
git reset --hard HEAD~1

Thanks.

If this patch does not resolve anything. I will provide an other this week-end to remove the bad convertion UTC->local->UTC !
If the cherry pick is too complex you can also clone my branch in an other directory:

git clone -b dst_time_convert_issue https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.git test-addons

then goto "test-addons" directory and build the addon as you know:

./bootstrap
./configure --enable-addons-with-dependencies
make clean
make zip
I'm getting a dependencies not met error when i do both the Cherry pick and git clone -b method. I'm guess this is because i'm running 12.1 and not 13alpha?
I have also started to get this problem in the past week or so. I am running XBMC 12.1. I have to restart xbmc to get the recordings to refresh. The "Now recording" and "Next Recording" also stick with what was "now" and "next" when I first started XBMC.

I will have a go at compiling a new addon tonight.
the proper commit appears to be the following

https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addon...f701c152d7
(2013-03-22, 05:26)pokerbud81 Wrote: I'm getting a dependencies not met error when i do both the Cherry pick and git clone -b method. I'm guess this is because i'm running 12.1 and not 13alpha?

i will update my branch frodo also with the patch. But if you use only the cherry-pick it should run with frodo also.
janbar, I compiled xbmc-pvr-addons from your repository on my RPi / xbian setup. It is running XBMC 13.0-ALPHA2 Git:2013021-7c45c17. After I installed your patched zip, I could see recordings I had made without restarting (I tested the setup without your patch and it didn't work). It appears to have fixed this issue, but someone else should probably report their findings to confirm. Thanks for making the patch.
I have built a new image for my gbox and will test it today. I should be able to report my findings morrow.
(2013-03-22, 20:17)LLee Wrote: janbar, I compiled xbmc-pvr-addons from your repository on my RPi / xbian setup. It is running XBMC 13.0-ALPHA2 Git:2013021-7c45c17. After I installed your patched zip, I could see recordings I had made without restarting (I tested the setup without your patch and it didn't work). It appears to have fixed this issue, but someone else should probably report their findings to confirm. Thanks for making the patch.

Ok, great news. I prepare the pull request to merge with all branches, frodo included. Thanks.
Hi,

You can get the final patch like that: (for frodo or 13Alpha)

cd xbmc-pvr-addons

curl https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-add.../108.patch | git am

then make clean and compile addon.

To revert the patch:

git reset --hard HEAD~3

Or waiting cfetzer merge it. Br
Patch worked. Thanks janbar.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings not showing up1