• 4(current)
Recordings not showing up
(2013-05-06, 22:56)teeedubb Wrote: Who knows...

Anyway, its trivial to compile yourself.
it's a little more involved than simply "compiling it myself" in regards to running XBMC within Crystalbuntu 2.0 on an original apple tv. Here's the steps that someone helped me with, these steps were all done on an ubuntu machine running 12.04.2 3.2.0-40-generic i686 kernel (not 64bit)
you need the full buildfs set up in order to build anything. the build.sh script sets it up but also kicks off a full build. this below will setup the buildfs environment but do nothing else. all the steps below assume root so each section starts with sudo su -
Code:
sudo su -
mkdir build
cd build
wget http://download.crystalbuntu.com/filesystem/crystalbuntu2-buildfs.tar.gz
mkdir buildfs
tar -xzf crystalbuntu2-buildfs.tar.gz -C buildfs
rm crystalbuntu2-buildfs*
cp /etc/resolv.conf  buildfs/etc
cp /etc/network/interfaces buildfs/etc/network
mount proc -t proc buildfs/proc
now you have a build environment, to build the pvr addons do this. the build is done in a chroot confined environment so it cant mess up your current install.
Code:
sudo su -
cd /root/build/buildfs
chroot .
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git -b frodo
cd xbmc-pvr-addons
./bootstrap
./configure --enable-addons-with-dependencies --prefix=/usr/xbmc/
make
make install
cd /usr/xbmc
tar cvf ../xbmc-pvr.tar *
exit
the exit takes you out of the chroot. you now should have a patched version of xbmc-pvr-addons such that recent recordings will now show up in all recordings. you now have to extract the contents of /root/build/buildfs/usr/xbmc-pvr.tar on top of /usr/xbmc on your atv
you'll need to transfer your xbmc-pvr.tar file from your ubuntu machine where you compiled this on to your atv. i just used filezilla and placed the tar file within /home/atv/
Code:
ssh into your atv
sudo su -
initctl stop xbmc
cd /usr/xbmc
tar xvf /home/atv/xbmc-pvr.tar
initctl start xbmc

that will only overwrite
/lib/xbmc/addons/pvr.*
/share/xbmc/addons/pvr.*
folders within the /usr/xbmc/ folder on your atv. when you fire xbmc back up everything should work.
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
Being extremely new to the world of Linux, compiling is complicated - for me. I'll get it..eventually. Until then, xbmc wiki has a great walk through on how to compile a new MythTV addon for many variants of Linux. For my flavor (XBMCBuntu), procedure 1 worked except for when it created the zip file for the addon, the name was slightly different (-i486 instead of x86_64). Works like charm.

PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource

Stefan_K
(2013-05-11, 14:33)Stefan_K Wrote: Being extremely new to the world of Linux, compiling is complicated - for me. I'll get it..eventually. Until then, xbmc wiki has a great walk through on how to compile a new MythTV addon for many variants of Linux. For my flavor (XBMCBuntu), procedure 1 worked except for when it created the zip file for the addon, the name was slightly different (-i486 instead of x86_64). Works like charm.

PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource

Stefan_K
i'm glad you got it sorted out Stefan!
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
So have they accepted the patch into main? because like jpavlocak said its defiantly not in 12.2
See for yourself (click on the commits tab) https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or look at the pull request I linked to several posts above.
This bug is pretty annoying. When is the next release likely to land with this fix in?
It is in openelec 3.0.3.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I've just got XBMC running on Fedora, so need an XBMC release ...
The pvr addons are pretty easy to compile, there is a howto floating about somewhere, just cannot put my hands on it right now.
(2013-05-30, 23:08)nickr Wrote: The pvr addons are pretty easy to compile, there is a howto floating about somewhere, just cannot put my hands on it right now.

Oh right, though I had to compile the whole thing. Just the add on then. When is the next add on release?
(2013-03-23, 13:30)cfetzer Wrote: Indeed, thanks! I've pushed to fixes to github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/ branch master (for xbmc pre-gotham) and branch frodo for frodo.

Hi I can confirm the change works too. It's great to not have to quit out of XBMC to refresh the list!

If it helps anyone, this is what I did to compile the myth addon:

Choose the right branch for your XBMC from cfetzer's git:
github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/

I'm on a Frodo build of XBMC so...

Code:
wget https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/archive/frodo.zip

unzip frodo.zip

sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool g++
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libmysqlclient-dev

./bootstrap
./configure --enable-addons-with-dependencies

make zip

cp ~/xbmc-pvr-addons-frodo/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-x86_64.zip /tmp

From within XBMC, System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file you can browse to /tmp and choose the zip to update with.

Big thanks to cfetzer for providing this patch!!
(2013-06-12, 21:59)CloudyBrain Wrote: ...
From within XBMC, System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip file you can browse to /tmp and choose the zip to update with.

Thanks to cfetzer and CloudyBrain for providing patch and build instructions.
The PVR-Add-ons compile fine on my Ubuntu Precise but unfortunately won't install on my XBMC-Box (also Ubuntu Precise).
After trying to install the ZIP it just briefly complains about "insufficient dependencies" (freely translated from the german error message).
Unfortunately, there aren't any additional messages in the UI nor xbmc.log.

Any hints?
(2013-06-23, 18:01)emc2 Wrote: Thanks to cfetzer and CloudyBrain for providing patch and build instructions.
The PVR-Add-ons compile fine on my Ubuntu Precise but unfortunately won't install on my XBMC-Box (also Ubuntu Precise).
After trying to install the ZIP it just briefly complains about "insufficient dependencies" (freely translated from the german error message).
Unfortunately, there aren't any additional messages in the UI nor xbmc.log.

Any hints?

Can I ask a silly question? Did the plugin work previously before you built the patched one? As far as I know, the patch didn't introduce any new dependencies.
(2013-06-24, 17:13)CloudyBrain Wrote: Can I ask a silly question? Did the plugin work previously before you built the patched one? As far as I know, the patch didn't introduce any new dependencies.

I'm running the "original" plugin (package "xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth", version 1.7.10-2precise in xbmcbuntu) just fine.
It just lacks the update of new recordings.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings not showing up1