Power button and left/right behavior
Hi. I'm running XBMC 12 Final on Windows 7 on a Zotac ID61 box and everything works fine. Most of the buttons on the Zotac remote worked right out of the box, but some of them don't behave the way I want and I can't figure out how to change it.

The power button on the remote puts my system to sleep (suspend) instead of shutting it off completely. Normally this would be fine, but after sleeping and coming out of suspend mode a few times XBMC tends to lock up or become unresponsive. I have to physically cycle the box to get things going again. That or I have to remotely connect to the box and kill the XBMC process. Anyway, can anyone tell me how I can change the power button behavior so it will shut down my Windows 7 machine instead of going into suspend mode?

The other issue is the left/right directional buttons on the remote skip backward/forward in too big increments. On most video files the left and right buttons skip/forward 30 seconds, but on some files this value seems to be a bit shorter or a bit longer. I don't know if this is normal, but I would like to adjust this value to something like left = 5 seconds and right = 10 seconds. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for any help.
OK, I figured out how to change the value for skip/forward by creating the advancedsettings.xml file. I still can't figure out how to change the power button behavior though and any help would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power button and left/right behavior0