• 5(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Nice job Marcos!! The skin is very snappy on my mac mini server.

I wonder if there is a way to change the Font of the main menu? Like we could with MQ4? ..... or maybe with a config file somewhere?

thanks so much!

sly
(2013-03-17, 19:53)slebeau Wrote: Nice job Marcos!! The skin is very snappy on my mac mini server.

I wonder if there is a way to change the Font of the main menu? Like we could with MQ4? ..... or maybe with a config file somewhere?

thanks so much!

sly

And make the font smaller as my playlist 'documentary' wording doesn't fit and doesn't look right if it has to scroll on horizontal view.

Nice skin by the way, particularly like the background art
I have to say, this skin works a treat on my raspberry pi - could possibly be the best looking and stable skin for rpi imo. Thanks to all involved in creating this little gem.
(2013-03-17, 19:40)dirtydesaster Wrote: 2. How can i disable the Clearart and use the logo.png only?

I managed to do this by manually editing C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.ace\720p\ViewsRightList.xml
replacing lines
[ListItem.Art(clearlart)]
to
[ListItem.Art(clearlogo)

there's 2 or 3 occurrences in the file.

I think that here's should be there a switch for this, because clearart looks ugly in this Rightlist-View, clearlogo is way better...
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Wonderful skin! Thank you so much! So beautifull!
I have only one problem with my language (Greek), it isn't displayed ok when there is text in small letters. I get all the letters in capitals but the problem is with the tones we put in small letters and so I get tones in capitals that is not correct. Also the last "s" in these greek words are wrong, it must look like this: "Σ" Can you check it? I think it's a font problem, I had the same problem with transparrency skin, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1076649

Thank you!
also!! ....maybe i am noob about this but it was always working automatically before with mq4 ....

I installed cdArt manually and downloaded all my fanarts... But Ace doesnt show it to me when browsing albums in right list mode.... I always get the laid out purple hair girl ....
My setting is on default fanart.... Do i have to change this to extra fantarts? .... it ask me for a path....and i dont know where CDart download stuffs.... Anyone can help me out with this? ...

My movies and tv series are all okay...

thanks!!

sly
Wow this skin is... pretty amazing.
I do have one question.... on the show art view type. the logos of the shows or movies often tieme have a generic ace logo, am I supposed to scrape for a specific kind of art?
I really like the idea of logos instead of using the standard dvd case posters for the shows.

Also when browsing through in a view that displays the case, is there a way to remove to the bluray/dvd case..... I actually prefer posters without the casing.
Nope even with checking the "Use local Files" option in advanced i'm still getting this problem , im just gonna disable extra fan art
in the episodes section, i had this same problem in Aeon MQ4 in another computer , so who knows what really is going on Tongue
(2013-03-17, 13:28)Wanilton Wrote: @minimoe, it´s fixed in 12 items, look when focus item in the recent, progress or random mode, have one normal poster image in widget for the respective movie (item).

About second item I need look better, before answer to you.
Thanks for the reply. I'd prefer fewer recent items (something like Aeon NOX) but I guess I'll have to live with 12 Smile

Any ideas about disabling the Plot and Starring panels in the info and pause screens? Yesterday I was trying to read something on the screen but the OSD was covering half the picture.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-03-17, 19:53)slebeau Wrote: I wonder if there is a way to change the Font of the main menu? Like we could with MQ4? ..... or maybe with a config file somewhere?

thanks so much!
sly

Ace has only one font then it is very simple to replace yourself with another who likes more, simply overwrite the current using the same name.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2013-03-17, 20:40)minuszero Wrote: I have to say, this skin works a treat on my raspberry pi - could possibly be the best looking and stable skin for rpi imo. Thanks to all involved in creating this little gem.

What distro are you using (and have you overclocked your RPi?)?

For me it starts oke, and the navigation is remarkebly fast! However, XBMC crashes after a few minutes...
Only happens with this skin, only solution for me is pulling the power (which i don't like doing).
I would like to use this skin, but stability is essential Wink.
I'm running RaspBMC btw.
@sstavross, if you find any errors in language see the translation topic to contacting the person responsible.

@minimoe, if you want a cleaner look can use the Clean Mode that is available in the options.

I tested the option hide furniture in pause screen and everything is correct. In the info window keeps popping up, but I see no sense in hiding info in the info window.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2013-03-18, 02:13)sstavross Wrote: Wonderful skin! Thank you so much! So beautifull!
I have only one problem with my language (Greek), it isn't displayed ok when there is text in small letters. I get all the letters in capitals but the problem is with the tones we put in small letters and so I get tones in capitals that is not correct. Also the last "s" in these greek words are wrong, it must look like this: "Σ" Can you check it? I think it's a font problem, I had the same problem with transparrency skin, see: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1076649

Thank you!

Φίλε μου, θα τα γράψω Αγγλικά για να καταλαβαίνουν όλοι.
I have a quick fix for this problem here (if you don't trust an .exe file, try this). It's a self extracting RAR that will copy two files to your skin.ace folder, namely an edited Font.xml and a second CAPS font based on the original aller_ace.ttf.
Wow as promised on the 17th! Marcosqui you aim to please, a true professional, love your work. I've have been playing in it for 24 hrs now and it feels like an old shoe(good and bad). Navigation, menus and shortcuts are virtually the same as mq4, a beautiful thing because you dont have to re-learn those functions.

Unfortunatley like mq4 it still seems to buffer hang going in and out of menu items eg; "tv shows" and "concert"? Having said that, I'm sure this is a relative issue with the scrapers that work those functions. When the scraper doesnt or cant match the file it hangs and constantly buffers in that particular menu? It might also be related to the pvr and addon feature in xbmc?

The Mq's and now ace are the only skins I experience this in? I'm not sure if others have experienced this, but as much as I prefer these skins over the others I cant really use them because of the issue I mentioned above. I have to fight my way out of the menu I selected because the buffering hangs in a loop.

I'm certain I have more than enough cpu, gpu, mem processing power to run these skins so I'm baffeled why this happens. I'm running Windows 7 x64, Phenom IIx4 3.2ghz, 8gb RAM, nvidia gt 9500 gpu on Frodo v12. Any tip, suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Again congrads Marcosqui, great work, you rock!

Cheers,
EthricSoul

BTW, I deactivated the show recent, recommended, and newly added movies and music from the main menu but they will not go away?
Thank you for your words.

Well, if you have the same problem with two skins may have some other cause. Have you reviewed the log to see if it finds an error?

Visit my website
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26