• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Just switch from Aeon MQ4 to Ace. Love this skin!

Does it anyone knows how to make it display Chinese characters properly in playlists/osd/etc.?

I'm fine with the English menu/UI but I got some Chinese mp3 collections.

Thanks!
(2013-05-06, 17:37)OmnD Wrote: First, MarcosQui, this is an awesome skin! Thank you for sharing your hard work with us.

I am having the same issue as IIIXstream was having. I realize that the Pandora script is not the best coded [or supported] xbmc add-on, and it is probably this funky coding that is causing the problem, but I have not had this issue with any other skin I have tried.

The Pandora script is different in that hitting the stop button while a song is playing doesn't completely stop playback. Instead, it stops playback of that particular song and then skips to the next song Pandora wants to bring up for you. Playback is stopped and the script is terminated when the user presses the back button while listening to a song from the main Pandora screen.

What is happening when opening a station on Pandora while using the Ace theme is that Ace automatically goes to the now playing music screen, fetches artwork for the artist, and opens one or more fetching lyrics windows [that never manage to fetch lyrics]. This isn't terrible in and of itself [although the failed lyrics fetching isn't pretty], but it prevents the user from ever closing Pandora. The only way I have found to close Pandora once a station has been opened while using the Ace theme is to fully reboot XBMC.

I understand that the Pandora script is probably poorly coded and it would be easy to blame this on the script and not the skin, but I have not seen this behavior when using any other skin. Also, Pandora is a major feature for a lot of users. The lack of Pandora support kept me using boxee even after I found XBMC to be better for all of my other media center needs.

Thanks again for the great skin, and for any help you can provide on this.

As a reference, here is a link to the most recent Pandora script: https://www.box.com/s/qs9qac68mn2nr0qb68bi

(2013-03-30, 04:55)iiixtream Wrote: I just have to thank you for all your hard work on this amazing skin, it is beautiful and super fast, what I've been looking for since i started using xbmc.
I have one bug and one little request if possible. First the bug, when using the Pandora add-on once the visualization starts I cant stop or exit Pandora, I don't have this problem on mq3 or any other skin. As for the request I was wondering if on the glass list view when it just shows the fanart and title if you could make a option to show the clear logo instead of the title in the list. That way it would show only the fanart and then to the left where the the titles are would be logos

I'm having this problem too. Once I'm in Pandora, I can't stop it without shutting down XBMC. I've done quite a bit of searching, but can't find a resolution th this problem. Confluence and Aeon Nox work fine. I love this skin, beautiful and quick on my machine. Pandora is easily my most used app. Not being able to stop it is a real problem.
(2013-05-19, 16:16)roc4fun Wrote: I'm having this problem too. Once I'm in Pandora, I can't stop it without shutting down XBMC. I've done quite a bit of searching, but can't find a resolution th this problem. Confluence and Aeon Nox work fine. I love this skin, beautiful and quick on my machine. Pandora is easily my most used app. Not being able to stop it is a real problem.

I too am having this problem. Please let me know if you need logs.
Hey Marcos,

Many thanks for your flexible skin which became my favorite.
There is one request maybe to included in one of your next versions.
Latest version of music add-on last.fm (plugin.audio.lastfm) offers the possibility to quote for the offered songs in order to select listeners own special choice by so called Love/ban tracks or buttons.
These buttons have to be implemented by the developer of the different skins.
On the Homepage of the developer of plugin.audio.lastfm, Ronie, is following hint:

info for skinners:
replacements for the built-in infobools:
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.RadioPlaying)
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.CanLove)
Window(Home).Property(LastFM.CanBan)

LastFM.Love:
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Love&artist=$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]&song=$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title])

LastFM.Ban:
RunScript(plugin.audio.lastfm,action=LastFM.Ban&artist=$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]&song=$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title])

May be this alteration might solve already my request.

Thank you in advance

Seviliano
In this wonderful skin, may he have the option of editing Genres?
The same way we edit the title.
Thanks for your attention....................
SALAMINOMACHOS,yes it´s possible edit genres, in info video, search button Edit Data (need script Library Editor installed), and you edit content many fields via GUI XBMC, include Genres.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@ Wanilton
Thanks for your fast reply
But where i can find the ( info video and button Edit Data) ?
@SALAMINOMACHOS, well in collection, give focus movie and press i = info, next screen, have menu with options, one is Edit Data, look image for reference.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@ Wanilton

Yes,Yes,Yes
The Script Library Editor, is the Magic Key

Thanks a lot ,and looking forward for your next steps, with Marcos certainly.
(2013-05-07, 23:11)puulima Wrote:
(2013-05-07, 19:11)Wanilton Wrote: @puulima, press C when focus movie, in context menu, have option for play trailer, when navigate in collection.

Sorry, I should have noted that I know that option as well as the INFO option. Issue is - neither are Wife Friendly. High WAF scores dictate the following:
- primarily only using left, right, up and down arrow keys to navigate menus
- of course the need to press enter or select is understood - as well as "back"

The Info-Trailer option is the shortest path so far...but was hoping it could be as easy as the NOX "up arrow" with Kiosk mode enabled.

+1
I just added gameplay videos to my Rom collection browser, does ace not support gameplay videos? Works fine in confluence cant get it working in ace.
Anyone? This video at a minute in shows what I am referring to. Its a fantastic touch for those of us that collect roms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...RTg3HmIuqU
Typo in the German translation:
The text above the Bilder/pictures menu option says:
"Highlights zur Errinerung". It has to be
"Highlights zur Erinnerung".
Beautiful skin. Not only is it fast and smooth, but the choice of fonts and graphics are really great. Thanks a lot.
Is marcos still around I sent him a few emails if he could comment/discuss the missing view type for rom collection browser that allows video clips, which was present in mq4, but he has not responded.

Absolutely crushed that rcb view was removed, i really dont want to go back to mq4 after using ace Sad
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26