• 60(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Last update also screwed my ace skin completely up.

Im running Gotham xbmc-13.0-Gotham_alpha9, maybe its only people with gotham that gets the skin messed up with the update?

My roll back button was greyed out, so that was not an option for me. I tried installing the skin.ace-1.9.0-Gotham.zip again and that solved it for me.

I have now turned Automatic addon updates off.
I don't have any transparency since the update. Go back to confluence and hope a fix.
yeh my ace skin is really messed up.... no back ground graphics are displayed!!!

whats going on MQ?
Same issue here. Tabbed back to a dimmed screen, but the screensaver dimming wouldn't go away. Exited out of XBMC and relaunched with no panel backgrounds. I'm running Frodo on Windows 7.
For gotham users, please update xbmc gotham, for alpha 10 or 11, skin need this for work ok, again.

Fixed:
New version 2.0.1 - Missing Mpaa Rating flags.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Skin is messed up with Frodo as well @imbizile.
Yes, am using Frodo as well and skin is very much broken and unusable since last update.
I wish I had of known auto-update was on. Skin is destroyed. Also wish I had of visited this thread before I reset all of my skin settings to try to fix it....should have known better, but I thought something got corrupted.

Anyway to fix this aside from waiting for an update?

edit: Rolling back the skin fixed it for me (Frodo). Now to reset all my settings. Sunday night fun! So much for 60 Minutes.
It just happened to me, and im using Linux.
After some hacking, i found out that the ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.ace/media/Textures.xbt file had 0 bytes.
Then i open the file ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/skin.ace-2.0.1.zip and checked that it REALLY had 0 bytes.
Then i downloaded skin.ace-2.0.0.zip (just type that in google) and downloaded that version. The file there was over 4MB.
So i unpacked just this file and replaced it on my xbmc add-on installation and everything worked out.
Cause is textures.xbt file in media folder is 0 (zero) bytes, happen error creation xbt file.

I have textures.xbt version 1.9.0, for fix get file and overwrite in (path for windows o.s)

users\yourname\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.ace\media

This fix the troubles in 2.0.1, or wait for new release with correct textures.xbt file.

Download for frodo, get here: http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/acefrodo/Textures.xbt

Download for gotham, get here: http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/acegotham/Textures.xbt
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
there is a problem at our end apparently.
for some reason our backend fails to build a proper textures file
when we push a skin update to the addon repo.

for now, i'll remove ace from the addon repo,
just to avoid more people getting hit by a bad auto-update.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Many thanks for posting a quick work-around, Wanilton.
(2013-12-02, 03:27)Wanilton Wrote: Cause is textures.xbt file in media folder is 0 (zero) bytes, happen error creation xbt file.

I have textures.xbt version 1.9.0, for fix get file and overwrite in (path for windows o.s)

users\yourname\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.ace\media

This fix the troubles in 2.0.1, or wait for new release with correct textures.xbt file.

Download for frodo, get here: http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/acefrodo/Textures.xbt

Download for gotham, get here: http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/acegotham/Textures.xbt

Thank you for this Wanilton!

Workaround works great Smile
Anyone have a mirror of 2.0.0 or a packed 2.0.1 with the updated texture file? I deleted the skin last night while troubleshooting but forgot to redownload it and apparently it's gone from the official repo.
it seems to have been a temporary hickup.

skin.ace v2.0.2 (frodo) and v6.0.2 (gotham) should be available in the addon repo soon.

@MarcosQui: please note i had to do a version bump.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26