• 65(current)
[RELEASE] Ace
Greatings and thanks for this skin, really, I didn't hope that I'll find something that I like this much after the old Alaska skin (from the Eden version).

But I wonder... is the Extended.info.script support still in the skin? Becouse I installed the latest(?) 2.0.1 version for gotham, from the official repo, but I just cant find the options and views like these in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1388966
I checked, the script itself is in the right folders beside other, working ones, but it's like doesn't exists.
Maybe a fool question, sorry if it is, but i'm really lost now. What did I miss?
Is it possible to move the location of the home menu items or the items within the custom "my menu"? I have a favourite that I want beside an addon and I can't figure out how to do that. The menu items are grouped by type and can't be moved for what I can tell.
(2014-05-21, 05:46)jcorsaut Wrote: Is it possible to move the location of the home menu items or the items within the custom "my menu"? I have a favourite that I want beside an addon and I can't figure out how to do that. The menu items are grouped by type and can't be moved for what I can tell.

I don't think this can be done with the GUI. But all the settings are stored in userdata/guisettings.xml. May be you can modify this file to make your changes.
But I'm not sure what will happen once you start the Main Menu customization GUI after your manual change.
So please make sure to backup the current guisettings.xml before you touch the file!
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
I have done some xml changes manually and tried them (after backing up fully) and had 0 issues. Among the things that I've changed successfully were: remove the .xml for the files/watched "mini banner" so that all I saw was the style and category, added fonts, added watched icons, and even added views. If you know .xml and feel comfortable enough to use an editor (BACK EVERYTHING UP) it's as easy as cut/paste. If it doesn't work/hangs/freezes then ssh in with winscp and put original files back and restart.

Good luck!
(2014-05-19, 01:33)Meglivorn Wrote: Greatings and thanks for this skin, really, I didn't hope that I'll find something that I like this much after the old Alaska skin (from the Eden version).

But I wonder... is the Extended.info.script support still in the skin? Becouse I installed the latest(?) 2.0.1 version for gotham, from the official repo, but I just cant find the options and views like these in this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1388966
I checked, the script itself is in the right folders beside other, working ones, but it's like doesn't exists.
Maybe a fool question, sorry if it is, but i'm really lost now. What did I miss?

If I recall you need to modify two of the files in the extended info script to get the sets views to work in Gotham. See Wanilton's post on this link for details. It works in Aeon MQ5 and I think it worked in Ace after I edited the lines. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558&page=8

Hope it helps You
(2014-05-22, 19:15)megalodon Wrote: If I recall you need to modify two of the files in the extended info script to get the sets views to work in Gotham. See Wanilton's post on this link for details. It works in Aeon MQ5 and I think it worked in Ace after I edited the lines. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160558&page=8

Hope it helps You
Worked perfectly. Thank you very much.
How to I edit my video library?
(2014-05-24, 22:24)Mattfox27 Wrote: How to I edit my video library?

Well, this question is a bit too generic. What exactly is your question?
Moppi1988
Kodi 19.1 under Win10 PC (64 bit)
I love this ACE skin its great btw and wonderful Job however I have done a fresh install on a new laptop and on the fire TV and the favorites is missing but when i go into appearance and skin settings then customize main menu it says its on but It will not show. BTW this just started happening like a few weeks ago and all the other ones show like I can use the addons option and cusomize those however I can not see any favorites.

Thank you
Where is Smart Playlists in Ace?
I've looked everywhere but can not find this function.
Ideally for Music, for me but no idea is I need to enable something for Smart Playlists or it's somehow corrupt. I'm running latest Gotham and Ace on a rPi

Thanks for any help
Martin

(2014-01-20, 01:13)scott967 Wrote: Movie tags in Ace? Can't figure out any way to see or work with tags. Had to switch to Confluence to set tags and then had to use smart playlist in Ace to filter by tags.

scott s.
What is the equivelent of the "c" button from confluence in ace? I would like to use it to send items to my favorites. Cheers.
(2014-05-18, 15:59)Protheon Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 15:15)moppi1988 Wrote: Interesting, and what about deactivating? That's what I did and it works for me (I use Ace as well)
Moppi1988

I get a similar error message then.

(2014-05-18, 15:18)Jeroen Wrote: You need to disable it as a service, it's an option somewhere in the lyrics add-on.

Thanks, that did the trick, but I had to switch from Ace to Confluence in order to see all the options - in Ace there are only 3 settings visible Rolleyes
- use only filemame for search
- filename format
- clean song title (remove part in brackets)

In the scrapers section there is only
- search for embedded lyrics

At least the lyrics could not be found message does not pop up every time now, but it is still not possible to uninstall or deactivate CU Lrc Lyrics.

What you need to do is switch to Confluence skin, then disable any skin that is using the lyric add on. Now you can diable or uninstall lyric add on. Now just enable skin again.
Hi,
first of all this skin is awsome!

Unfortunately I’ve a problem with displaying the music artist logos. Every artist in my library has a logo.png and cdart.png in the appropriate folder. Cdart is shown perfectly while playing music, but the skin doesn’t show the artist logo… what am I doing wrong?

In case of movies and TV series the displaying of logos and discs works fine (after running the artwork downloader)…

Another problem appears while playing music. Normally the skin searches the fanarts for music visualisation on the internet. If there is none, e.g. at relatively unknown artists, the background and small window of the music player in home menu remains black although there is a fanart in the artist folder. Is it possible to set that the skin only takes the saved images?

Thanks, and sorry if these questions are answered before.
Love the skin. Only question is how do I switch between different locations within Weather? I don't see an option to do that anywhere...
Hello first of all, thank you all very much for making the skins. 

I have a lot of content that has no nfo files. It is so many that i cannot generate nfo files, because i tried that several times and all the content is messed up, not the content itself, but the folders where the content is in. 
I have a very simple thing, it is called, fanart.jpg and folder.jpg. This works realy great with favorites. (you probably all know this)

The thing is now, with the new skins, when i try the favorites it will not show the folder.jpg and not the fanart.jpg. So this is not so nice to look at. (why it is like this, i have no idea?)

Instead everybody is telling me to use smart playlist. But i have been trying this, and it is only working when all the content is in the library and it is scraped (correctly).
As a lot of the content is unknown by the scrapers, it scrapes all the unknown content very wrong. It took me a long time to put everything back like the way it was. For instance, Music dvd `back to the 80´s`, becomes `back to the future` because of the scraper. And there are 10 dvd´s of back to the 80´s. This is not even 1% of the unknown content i have. And the favorites with the fanart.jpg and folder.jpg they work so good! As i tried to make everything library content, all my unknown content was messed up with wrong titles wrong fanart and wrond thumbs. So i had to clean it all up¨again to get it nice. I got back to AEON NOX with XBMC 12.0 and here the fanart and folder.jpg are shown correctly. Does this mean i have to stay with the old XBMC?

Also sometimes it suddenly shows the fanart.jpg but then when i go to main menu and back to a favorite it is disappered again.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ace26