TV Scraping Issue
Hopefully this is the correct forum for this. If not apologies. I have been using "Dharma" for a long time and just recently upgraded to "Frodo". I completely deleted all of the "old" version of XBMC before install 12.0. Now after the install I have had no issues scraping my movies. All show up fine. However currently I cannot scrape any of my TV shows. All shows are in DVD format. XBMC with show the titles of the Series, but none of the seasons, or episodes of said seasons. Has something changed in how the shows have to be named? Can I no longer store the files in DVD format? Has the naming convention changed? I am at a loss and hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction.
17:08:56 T:1764 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnUpdate
17:08:56 T:1764 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Could not enumerate file //HTPC-PC/D/Shows/Band of Brothers/Season 1/Band of Brothers.S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
17:08:56 T:1764 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
This same error message is the only thing I see that sticks out at me. Again the naming convention hasn't changed from how I previously had them. The scraper identifies the series as it lists all the meta data in xbmc, but noting of the episodes. I have even gone and uninstalled 12 and gone back to Dharma and again it fails the just the same. Is my naming of the files the issue. The file structure is how its always been for me and I have not run into this since I upgraded and rescraped all these TV Shows. Thank you for any and all help.
**Update**
Dug a little deeper and found this after refreshing data.

17:36:15 T:4756 DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>
17:36:15 T:4756 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Band of Brothers.S01E01' using The Movie Database scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.7.2')
17:36:15 T:4756 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;query=band%20of%20brothers.s01e01&amp;year=&amp;language=en</url>
17:36:15 T:4756 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0A4C4DB8) http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie...anguage=en
17:36:15 T:4756 DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <results></results>
17:36:15 T:4756 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://HTPC-PC/D/Shows/Band of Brothers/Season 1/Band of Brothers.S01E01/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO', it won't be added to the library.
is it possible that this has nothing to do with XBMC and could just be a network issue with the scraper?
Well, problem still persists. Though any of my tv shows that are blue ray rips work and play fine. The scraper sees them and lists them correctly. Will frodo not scrape dvd's TS files natively when trying to add them as tv shows? Is this something i must tell it to do using the advancedsettings.xml file?
Well I got it fixed for anyone keeping score at home. The problem was in the advancedsettings.xml file. Specifically the code was apparently incorrect.
this is what I had in the xml file.
PHP Code:
<tvshowmatching action="append">
     <
regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)?[\\/]video_ts\.ifo)$</regexp>
 </
tvshowmatching
That did not work. I pulled that code straight from the XBMC-wiki. Not sure why, but to be honest I really do not understand the Regexp yet. I did some more digging on the forums and found this bit of code that did the trick for me.
PHP Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
  <
regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <
regexp>[\.\[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <
regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <
regexp>[\.\-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\.\-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</
tvshowmatching

Id love to know what all that means, but it does solve my issue. My dvd episodes now scrape correctly into XBMC.
basically, you wanted "prepend" instead of "append"

append="no" is the same as saying action="prepend"

There's probably two ways to write it for some backwards compatibility reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Scraping Issue0