Req Multiple audio output devices
Hi,

I have a Windows/XBMC HTPC that is connected to a TV, a projector and a receiver.

Since XBMC can output sound only to one device, I'm choosing the receiver, but when I watch TV that's not so nice because the TV is not standing between the speakers, so the sound is always coming from the side.

So I would love the possibility to output the sound via S/PDIF (to the receiver) and HDMI (to the TV) at the same time. There exists a patch which apparently offers just this (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038&), but it only exists for version 11.0.
I would like this feature also. In my current setup (OPENELEC 2.0 (EDEN)) I'm using digital optic for my DAC and HDMI for TV. Upgrading to Frodo will not work.
+1

Hi, New to XBMC. Just building my own Media Center been experimenting with different software and honestly find XBMC to be the absolute best so beleive i am going to be using this for it, however I have slight issue in the fact that I will be plugging into my TV via HDMI and my HiFi is normally plugged into my TV to receive audio but the TV stops sending Audio Signal over component with HDMI input so I need to plug my HiFi directly into the MC but still want Audio on the TV alone.

Regards,
Max
Want this as well so I can have my headphone amp and receiver connected at the same time. Now I have to get up and disconnect my headphones from my receiver every time I want to use my speakers.
This has been requested numerous times before if you do a search, and as far as I can tell it's never going to happen in an official build.

Your best way to do this is via a hardware HDMI audio extractor device such as http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Premium-A...pd_cp_ce_0
I have a USB soundcard (UCA202) on my Raspby for connecting to my hifi to avoid the poor build in audio.
Mostly the USB Audio is used but some filmes use HDMI passthrough. With dual audio only the buildin audio is used not the preferred USB audio.I'd like to avoid a hardware HDMI audio extractor device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple audio output devices1