White Dots\Noise with Video
Hello everyone...looking to get some help!

Getting white noise\dots\sparkles with video playback only in XBMC. VLC, Movie Player, etc...all play the file with no video artifacts. I'm currently running Ubuntu as the OS (not my rig, friends) and I've even installed openelec and I still have the same problem. Any thoughts?
Try playing with the "render method" setting in video playback settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hardware specs, debug log?
(2013-03-18, 09:22)nickr Wrote: Try playing with the "render method" setting in video playback settings.
Thanks Nickr! I was able to correct the issue by disabling disabling all hardware acceleration and using the software rendering method! Issue resolved! Hope this helps someone in the future!
This is no solution ... this is a workaround, that makes xbmc unusable on slow systems. If you want it to be resolved correctly, please supply your xbmc.log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
White Dots\Noise with Video0