HDMI switching with Denon AVR-1913 causes XBMC window to resize
Not sure if this question goes here or in general help.

I have a Denon AVR-1913 receiver. I have connected my XBMC via HDMI to the Denon receiver. I also have my u-verse box connected to the receiver. I am using the different HDMI ports on the receiver to switch between inputs (u-verse, xbmc, xbox 360). So, xbmc is running and all looks good, but if I switch to another hdmi input (ex. u-verse) and then back to the xbmc port, the XBMC window is resized. It's only the XBMC app that is resized, the win7 desktop is still full size and looks normal. Any ideas on what is causing this? HDMI handshake issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
This will probably get moved to General but I had this happen with my system but only after the computer would sleep and I'd wake it up. I just set my computer to never sleep.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM
What setting do you have under Settings > System > Video Options > Use A Full Screen Window rather than a true fullscreen?
Mine kept doing this and the only way I can get it to consistently work is to have this option unchecked. You might encounter bitstreaming issues next though?!
The screen resizing is related to the hdmi pin-19 hot-plug detection problem. Take a look at the end of this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131590&page=4.
The solution posted is this:

Code:
I must say I find this to be a very slick solution. As all the rest I am quite disappointed with the multi monitor support in Windows. But, with this simple hack I am able to switch my TV from HDMI to cable, turn it off, back on etc and still keep XBMC running smoothly on my secondary display while using the primary as a normal PC.
I humbly suggest a minor modification: I used a very thin piece of electrical tape to block pin 19 directly in the HDMI cable and then gently plugged it in. It worked beautifully and I imagine more people would be willing to try this than cutting through the cable. I am trying to post a picture, not sure if it'll stick:
[img]http://s4.postimage.org/gmog0m7kf/HDMI_Blocked_Pin_19.jpg[/img]

I'll try it and let you know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI switching with Denon AVR-1913 causes XBMC window to resize0