Playback of 1080p MKV's
I have an Apple TV 5.2 with Frodo installed. I have some movies from yify torrents and they play good. But i have also some 1080 MKV's (8-10gb) and they wont run smooth. Is there a solution for this? Or is the Apple TV just to slow?
Mediainfo from a file that does not play?

Generally the ATV handle 1080P ok if your not on wireless and don't downsample the audio.
Overall Bitrate: 11.3Mbps
Aspect: 2.35:1
Framerate:23.976
Profile: 4.1
Reframes: 4
Source: Priest.2011.RC.BluRay.1080p-TDP
Video: 1920x804
Audio: English: AC3
Subs: English, Dutch

I stream wireless with 67mbit avarage
Like Eliah said, you're pushing the hardware capabilities of the device pretty close if not beyond. Try using a wired connection.

You can also try disabling the audio downsampling or passing the audio through if you have a capable receiver
I will try a wired network but audio pass trough is not possible on the apple tv (Wiki told me) and where do i find audio downsampling?
I connected hdmi to the tv and i have an optical cable connected to the surround receiver.
Settings -> System -> Audio Ouput -> Speaker configuration (do not use 2.0 or any configuration with less channels than the audio file)

You can again, reference the FAQ and try some of the tips listed on there.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...o_playback

Section 4.11 and 4.12
Who told you that passthrough is not available? You can passthrough ac3 and dts fine with atv2 (just configure the capabilities of your receiver in system->system->audio). Beside that - wifi is the limiting factor. it never gets 67mbit/s ... in real its something around 20 - 30 mbit/s.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
7-9 gb mkv files play fine with wired connection. mkv's 12-15gb won't play smooth.
Ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback of 1080p MKV's0