Frodo 12.1 won't start
(2013-03-20, 12:09)Memphiz Wrote: You can just Change to hdmi 2.0 in xbmc and use passthrough - this will also maintain the ability to Play 5.1 Sound - only gui and mp3 Sound is 2.0 then.

I'm with you up until "use passthrough." How do I enable passthrough?
If your receiver supports it - enable ac3 and dts capable receiver in system->system->audio
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I tried setting to 2.0 audio from within 12.0 and then running 12.1 with the same immediate quit and error in the logs that the others are seeing.

This is on a 2012 Mac Mini base model with 10.8.2. I am about to try it on my 2011 Mini Base model with 10.7.5
I found this a while back, with nightlies, and posted some observations http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158782. Basically, if you set the Audio-Midi utility to 2 channels, any number of channels in XBMC works, but if you set the Audio-Midi to anything else (such as 8 channel - really 7.1) then the XBMC setting for audio must be 7.1 channel also. I keep my Mac Mini at 8 channels because some programs won't give surround sound without it (XBMC will if set up for HDMI passthrough as noted already). I needed to first set my Audio-Midi to 2 channel then start XBMC, set it up for 7.1 channel, then set the Audio-Midi to 8 channel again to get it to start.
I got it to work, but I had to set it to 7.1. I have since changed my Audio-MIDI setup to 2 channel and XBMC back to 2.0 with passthrough enabled.

The other Mac Mini now uses VGA and analog out to my TV, since the volume function was changed back to OSX control in this build, and therefore was unaffected by this particular bug.
Does this affect all audio output methods? HDMI, Analog, Optical etc?
Seems like the OSX audio system is a bit of a bear to handle!
Same here...12.0 works fine but not 12.1.
Crashes on start.

As someone mentioned that changing to channels to 2.0 might work, not for me.
Haven't tried 7.1 yet...
No "same here" needed anymore. We know this bug slipped in into 12.1 and its fixed in current code. And no - audio system is not a bear - its more of a bitch.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry and Thanx!
You say that it's fixed now in the current code, does that mean that It's included in the latest nightbuild?
There are no latest nightly builds because we are about to change to another buildbot platform. Atm nightlies are broken. But if they were built - the fix would be in there yes.
First I want to say, I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in to this. Big Grin That said.
(2013-03-19, 16:54)Memphiz Wrote: Try setting the speakerlayout to 2.0 in audio-midi-setup.

(2013-03-19, 18:04)Memphiz Wrote: We failed ... Sad

So what your implying, is that if we have an 5.1 aggregate device, or anything other than a 2.0 setup were screwed, unless we switch Audio/Midi to 2.0?
(2013-03-22, 01:31)richeerichhh Wrote: So what your implying, is that if we have an 5.1 aggregate device, or anything other than a 2.0 setup were screwed, unless we switch Audio/Midi to 2.0?

He is implying a large bug affecting the Mac Mini accidentily made it into 12.1.
Ah well, shit happens ! Good to hear it has been fixed in code already.

I would advice reverting to 12.0 for now, and wait until an updated binary (or nightly) is available.
Thanks to Memphiz for redirecting me to this thread from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=155232

I opened '/Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.app' and then under HDMI (which was the only output set to 6 channels for me) I changed Format to 48000.0 Hz and 2ch-16bit Integer.

XBMC opens just fine now.

Thanks again!
If we download the lastest source from git, compile it, will it have the bug fixed?
yes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 won't start0