• 4(current)
Ability to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines
yes you can copy the Userdata folder from one to the other ..
yep - just copy userdata across. This assumes the paths etc. are the same on both xboxes which I presume is a valid assumption in this case.

EDIT: Must type faster :p
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have two XBMC's running in my household that are used exclusively for media (audio/video) playback (no emulators, scripts, etc.).

Over the last few weeks I have started burning all of my movies (around 1300) to Xvid for playback on XBMC, but I am looking for an easier way of updating both boxes with the same library information.

Is there an easy way that allows me to update the library on one Xbox, fix the import errors, and then share the info out to the other Xbox without having to duplicate the effort? I realize I could copy the user data folder over from one to the other, but that would require me to re-calibrate the receiving xbox.

Any help out there?
Why would that require you to re-calibrate the receiving xbox? I suppose if they run at a diffrent res then you'd have to reset that, but that's about it unless they are diffrent networks, in which case this wouldn't work.

The easiest way is to copy the userdata folder. Of course you don't have to copy the whole thing. You could just take the database folder inside it. Thus perserving settings of the other xbox. Other then that there is no other solution.
I have the same type of setup. What I've done is taken the time to make sure all of the files import correctly into XBMC on one xbox. For videos, I use .nfo files to make sure the scraper goes to the right movie, and most of my movies have higher-resolution thumbnails (saved as .tbn files). This way, when I update the library, all of the movies scan in properly.

One of the reasons I did this is so that, hopefully I won't have to fix any errors in the event I have a fresh xbox (add a new one to the house, one up and dies on me, etc).
Me too,

Just keep the nfo and tbn files with your movies, then all xboxes get the same correct data.
Wow. I didn't expect my simple question to generate that many responses.

Reading through all them gave me one more idea. I'm not a NAS expert, but I have 8 TB of storage spread through 4 separate FreeNAS servers. Is anyone out there familiar with either FreeNas or Rsync in general to answer the following?.....

Is it possible to set up Rsync to copy the User Data file from one XBox, move it to the NAS and then Rsync up with the other Xbox to move the data there? FreeNas does support FTP transfers.
I have multiple XBoxs (currently 3) and I want to be able to have some sort of centralized library for large shows. I have some full season and series that I watch when I get time but I constantly forget which episode I last played so I waste time searching. So I had the idea of making some sort of script that will keep track of the last episode I watched and start the next one when I want.

My basic I idea is to store all the config files on my network share (where my files are stored) so that any of my boxes an access it. When I run the script it will find the last file played and start the next file alphabetically. Then when the show finishes it will update the script to mark that episode as watched.

Is this possible, and if so where should I start? Where can I find a good tutorial on how to create a script to do this?
This db/thumbnail syncing is overkill.

As previous posters have said use id3 tags, and .nfo files to tag your movies and music.
XBMC recently got a autoscan on boot feature and using these would ensure that all xbox have the latest data.

TV shows are currently reliant on filenames. I'm sure tagging export will come for them in the future if the new movie .nfo export goes well
Hi, i have two xbox conected to a router. All the movies and tv shows are in my computer, is there a way to store the library db on the computer and that the library db is used by the two xbox from the computer.

Or that one xbox keeps updating the library while the other copies the db from the first xbox. Thanks in advance.
Second one is doable assuming you have the same paths setup on each box.

I suggest copying over UserData/ from one box to the other (assuming you use DHCP for network stuff)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm gonna piggyback off of these feature requests that I'm assuming have been collected in one thread over time my the mods Big Grin

As XBMC is being ported to more platforms it becomes increasingly more common that users have multiple copies of XBMC running and hence spend an increasing amount of time updating libraries and thumbnails, I feel this feature is becoming more crucial.

I had thought that the following approach would be cleanest:

* If autodetection is enabled and other xboxes are discovered, look for newer versions of the user data on other xboxes
* for any newer *.db or Thumbnails/ files found, copy said file to the local box

If something the equivalent of 'rsync' is not available, a possible way to implement it would be to maintain a large text file on each box which contains a sorted list of files and and the last modified time for that file. Copy any file from the remote xbox if the file does not exist or if it the remote copy is newer.
Sorry (can't edit my pots Wink) but I realized too late that post is under python script requests rather than under feature suggestions. If someone comes up with script to do the same thing I can live with that too Smile
2 xbmc boxs in the house can they shear the same DB so that when i update 1 both updates and shear the same user data setting DB files and thumbnails

thanks for making the best meda player ever

my rig
xbox 1.1
x3
x3 ir
x3 faceplate usb lcd frost blue
xbcm frost blue
underglow blue

Combat Vet Box OIF 05-06
you could write a batch file on a pc to ftp across the db files i suppose.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines2