Problem with Default Select Action in Video Settings
Question 
Hi,

Changing the "Default select action" in "Video settings" to "Show Information" in iOS (both ATV2 and iPhone) is playing the media instead of showing information for me since I have been using Frodo. I have updated to Frodo 12.1 today and the same problem persists.

Is it a bug with iOS? I have tried searching for this issue in the forum but with no luck. Can anyone please confirm this?

Tanzirc
Just tried and it works fine for me on my iPad running 12.1. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you select a video and it plays instead of showing info?
Can you bring up the information dialog from the context menu of one of those items?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-19, 13:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Just tried and it works fine for me on my iPad running 12.1. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you select a video and it plays instead of showing info?

Here is the log I have just generated (I have masked the password for the smb share drive).

http://pastebin.com/e1Jd7Kd8

BTW, I'm using a centrally located MySql library in the machine which has my media files. Could it be because of that?

Thanks,

tanzirc

(2013-03-19, 16:48)Memphiz Wrote: Can you bring up the information dialog from the context menu of one of those items?

I have even tried by selecting the option "Choose" as the Default Select Action, and then select "Show Information" in the pop-up menu after selecting a movie. It still directly plays the media, instead of showing information.
(2013-03-19, 16:48)Memphiz Wrote: Can you bring up the information dialog from the context menu of one of those items?

The context menu for selected movie in fact doesn't have "Movie Information" button (see image below)! Haven't noticed that before.

Thats the problem. Your sources setup don't match your database i guess. You need to setup the source same as when you scraped it (same scraper, same folder recursion settings, same source path).

You could also try with the confluence skin for ruling out a skin issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-03-19, 23:08)Memphiz Wrote: Thats the problem. Your sources setup don't match your database i guess. You need to setup the source same as when you scraped it (same scraper, same folder recursion settings, same source path).

That should not be the case since I am using the same setup in my laptop (macbook pro) and there everything works fine. I am using the same sources.xml file in the host computer in my Apple TV, iPhone and Mac Pro.

The debug log for the laptop is given below:

http://pastebin.com/avfE5GFD

Also skin is clearly not the issue, as I have been using confluence in ATV and also tried with Confluence on iPhone. The problem remains even with the confluence skin in iPhone (see below).

However in the laptop with the same database and sources.xml the context menu does have the "Movie Information" button:

(2013-03-19, 23:08)Memphiz Wrote: Thats the problem. Your sources setup don't match your database i guess. You need to setup the source same as when you scraped it (same scraper, same folder recursion settings, same source path).

You are right, the ATV and the iPhone installation didn't have the custom scrapper I use to download movie information. Once I transferred the scrapper to ATV, it's working fine.

Thanks for the help!

Tanzirc
yeah ...
I agree that this is a retarded requirement for movie information, but it is there for a reason - due to other retarded stuff :p

The reason it's there is because "Movie Information" is integrated with the scraping of a movie in the case that the file is not in the database. Thus, if the scraper can't be found, we don't allow movie information (or scanning etc.) If the movie was in the database, and no scraper was found, the user could "Refresh" which wouldn't achieve anything as no scraper is found.

A couple of potential improvements:

1. If the movie is in the database then show the info regardless of whether a scraper is available or not.
2. If the user then hits "Refresh" we can fail with an error (no scraper available, the <foo> scraper is not available/broken etc.).
3. Remove the check for scraper completely here, and if none is set prompt the user when they click on Movie Information instead.

Those that wish to investigate, see GetContextButtons() in the video windows - you'll see it does a GetScraperForPath() and uses that as a check for whether movie info should be brought up. That check needs to be moved into the OnInfo() stuff, and suitable prompting occur from there.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Default Select Action in Video Settings0