Recordings do not appear in cmyth
Delete the addon via ssh, its in

~/.xbmc/addons/
THANKYOU!

XBMC is now up and running again Big Grin

Now - to compile cmyth for Frodo.. do I follow the instructions here: building from source

But:
- instead of using the unstable PPA, use the stable repo;
- after cloning the git and "cd xbmc-pvr-addons", I "git checkout frodo";
- then bootstrap, configure and make clean; and
- then in XBMC install from that zip file?

Does that sound right?
Not 100% sure on the repo's, but using stable for frodo makes sense. Rest is spot on.
Ok, I've tried that - more weirdness. I can install cmyth 1.7.10, enable it no problems. But as soon as I try and enable the PVR manager (Settings-LiveTV-General), XBMC freezes. On reboot, everything is ok, but again it is disabled.

I can't see anything here, but not sure what I am looking for: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31075
1.7.10 is gotham, frodo is 1.6.X. Did you uninstall the addon before reinstalling?
Well I deleted it as per post #16. Uninstalling it in XBMC and reinstalling from the zip still gives me 1.7.10.

I've recompiled following the process I summarised in post #19, but again it's 1.7.10. Something must be wrong in my build process?

In addition, I tried enabling the PVR manager without cmyth installed, and it still froze.
Open the add on zip file prior go installing and have a look at addon.xml, what version does it say in there?
(2013-06-23, 21:36)teeedubb Wrote: Open the add on zip file prior go installing and have a look at addon.xml, what version does it say in there?

This isn't all of it, but I believe it's the relevant part:

Code:
<addon
  id="pvr.mythtv.cmyth"
  version="1.6.11"
  name="MythTV cmyth PVR Client"
  provider-name="Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière, Tonny Petersen">
  <requires>
    <c-pluff version="0.1"/>
    <import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="1.6.0"/>....

So, 1.6.11 - what the hell?
I thought you were doing this on centos but I just saw its xbmcbuntu. Do you have any xbmc-pvr* packages installed? Maybe they didn't downgrade when you switched back to stable. Try reinstalling them or even remove them completely.
Sorry no - my server is CentOS, if that's the source of confusion. Where would I find it/them? I can't see anything in /~/.xbmc/addons/packages/ but is that the right place?
No, via the system package manager, synaptic via GUI and apt-get via command line.

sudo apt-get remove xbmc-pvr-

You'll need to use tab to auto complete the rest of that line, I'm not at a computer so I can't post the exact package name.
Thanks - I'll have a crack at it when I get home from work tonight :-)
Thank you teeedubb! (and Christian!) That seems to have finally fixed it, and everything (touch wood) seems to be working flawlessly! (just in time for Le Tour :-) )

Big GrinBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings do not appear in cmyth0