Music Videos Help!
Hi Guys,

Really stuck with this, wasted an hour last night trying to add music videos but nothing ever shows up in my Music Videos main menu section.

I even went and created a new Smart Playlist, made a rule to start the PATH URL with the folder location of where the music videos are stored. However going to this playlist still appears empty!

When i add the videos to the library, i scrape them as being Music Videos, and use TheAudioDB. When i enter this i can see my music video in this folder!!

At the moment i have only one music video to test with. Its a SINGLE labeled like this "artist - track".

Can anyone spot something that im doing wrong here?

Please as i urgently need to add these to my xbmc library, even if i cant scrape them online i dont mind manually adding them. However, as said the playlist is showing 0 videos!!!

Thanks for your help.
ok no worries guys, the last.fm scraper is not available anymore and TheAudioDb scraper is unusable for my single music videos.

In the end i managed to solve my problem by just adding a nfo file for each video.
(2013-03-20, 16:49)KILLERNADS Wrote: TheAudioDb scraper is absolute crap and worthless.

stating stuff like that is absolute crap and worthless.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Sorry post edited to remove offensive words!

That was a cry of anger that i wasted over an hour on trying to add my music videos using that scraper with no result! Big Grin
I just posted a thread concerning the same thing. So the answer right now is to make nfo's for your videos? Could you provide an example of the format?
Hi mate,

yeah this is what i used:

Code:
<musicvideo>
  <title>Bestsongintheworld</title>
  <artist>Bestartistintheworld</artist>
  <album>OnSomeAlbum</album>
  <genre>Rock</genre>
  <runtime>3:20</runtime>
  <plot>HereWillBeAPlot</plot>
  <year>2000</year>
  <director>and I</director>
  <studio>Ego prod.</studio>
</musicvideo>
Don't feel bad, I typed/made nfo files and gathered images from the net for over 250 music videos, took me forever but was cool when I was done.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-03-21, 21:10)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi mate,

yeah this is what i used:

Code:
<musicvideo>
  <title>Bestsongintheworld</title>
  <artist>Bestartistintheworld</artist>
  <album>OnSomeAlbum</album>
  <genre>Rock</genre>
  <runtime>3:20</runtime>
  <plot>HereWillBeAPlot</plot>
  <year>2000</year>
  <director>and I</director>
  <studio>Ego prod.</studio>
</musicvideo>
Hey, thanks for this!

Does the file name need to match the video's name or just exist in the same folder?
I tried this and made the file name match, but it doesn't work. It displays the info when you select it from the popup, but it displays the same info on every video within the folder. Even the music video name is the same.

I am also wanting a way to have music videos appear in the "Music Video" folder, which they don't. When I select Music Videos from the menu, I get a blank screen. I can go back from that folder twice and get a screen with the movies, TV shows, and another Music Videos selection. When I select this one, I get all my music videos. I should think it would show this when I select the Music Videos option from the main menu.
Never mind. I solved it.
ok cool mate,

@ShadowTek how did you get images to work? Did you just name the .jpg image the same name just like the nfo file? im sure i tried that before but it didnt display anything.
Like this:
30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane-poster.jpg
30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane-thumb.jpg

Thumb is the CD shaped image and poster is the DVD type image
Logo's Made So Far:
thanks mate will try that
There is also:
30 Seconds To Mars - Hurricane-fanart.jpg

To round off the three images that music videos use.
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-03-22, 02:46)TE5LA Wrote: Never mind. I solved it.

Would you share how you did that, please? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Videos Help!0