Sound problem.
Music 
I am using the Mac mini I5 last generation.
My connection is a HDMI cable. My audio configuration only works when i set analogic output, when i put HDMI the sounds go crazy loud anoying sound...
Why?
The banana is bent and yellow.

Why?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-19, 21:36)Berardo Wrote: I am using the Mac mini I5 last generation.
My connection is a HDMI cable. My audio configuration only works when i set analogic output, when i put HDMI the sounds go crazy loud anoying sound...
Why?

Same problem here.
Got an dts enables receiver connected with hdmi , but horrible static sound when playing dts.
You get the crazy sounds when digital audio is not being digitally decoded by whatever is on the other end of the cable. The fact that the crazy sounds are being sent means a digital signal is being pushed out from XBMC. I can only speculate that the issue is not on XBMC's side.
(2013-03-19, 21:42)Memphiz Wrote: The banana is bent and yellow.

Why?

lol
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

What the banana thingy wanted to say - give more info. Are you talking about movie sound (e.x. passthrough stream ac3/dts) or gui sounds. Is it noise or is it overdriven sound (e.x. do you still can identify the sound or is it just garbage). Also post the settings from audio-midi-setup and from system->system->audio in xbmc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2013-03-20, 10:33)Memphiz Wrote: What the banana thingy wanted to say - give more info. Are you talking about movie sound (e.x. passthrough stream ac3/dts) or gui sounds. Is it noise or is it overdriven sound (e.x. do you still can identify the sound or is it just garbage). Also post the settings from audio-midi-setup and from system->system->audio in xbmc

As Receiver i am using a Sony STR-DH730. (so should be able to play almost any sound you trow at it)
mac mini is connected with hdmi to the amp.
Settings from audio midi are like they always have been ( Audio Midi only says the hdmi can only send Stereo out, can't select 5.1)
Last chance - read my post and answer all questions - i won't ask again.
I got some issues too with Frodo 12.1 with movies with either DTS or 5.1 sound. The movie just freezes after a second or two. Movies with Dolby digital have no problem

OSX 10.8.3 on a mac mini 2011
Frodo 12.1 64 bit

- HDMI connected to a Marantz receiver (which plays everything xbmc feeds it)
- audio midi configuration from OSX set to : HDMI stereo 48 KHZ; 2 channel 16 bit
- XBMC audio output settings :
- audio output : HDMI
- speaker configuration : 2.1 (or 2.0 no difference)
- dolby digital ac3 : enabled
- dts : enabled
- LPCM : enabled
- audio output device : HDMI

For now i reverted back to the xbmc 12 nightly from 16-02-2013 which has no problems

If you need a log let me know.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
does the 32bit version of xbmc behave the same in that manner?
Try pressing on the keyboard shift + + , and check if the volume level is not at 0 %

There is something strange going on with the fading of the the gui sounds.
Sometimes it leaves it at 0%.

In the system settings i have now changed the interface sounds, to always play.
Hoping to solve this issue
We don't fade gui sounds.
No, you do not, but if you use the app TVtunes, that will fade the system.
It seems my problems are over now.
You should Report a bug to the tvtunes addon author then.
(2013-03-21, 00:25)Memphiz Wrote: does the 32bit version of xbmc behave the same in that manner?

I Did a clean install with both 32 and 64 bit and no problems at first. But after watching an mp4 the same stuttering / non proper playing occured on stereo files too.

Are more users experiencing this ?

For now i am using optical aigain for audio output, that seems to work nicely (as usual)
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound problem.0