Bug [Frodo 12.1][Linux] full path automatic scrapping issues
And then an important thread ends!!!

I see this happening a lot, I might be in the wrong but I think there will be different levels of contribution from users:

1. Those ungrateful and unappreciative of the software, unwilling to post on forums at all with constructive feedback. That just want better and better software and moan when it errors.

2. Those grateful for the software but unwilling or disinclined to post on forums at all, that wait patiently for new improved releases.

3. Those willing to provide constructive feedback in an attempt to have the software they love made even better, or a particular issue they see fixed by the experts that create it but who are not in a position (kids/wives) to spend time creating logs and things like that.

4. And finally there are more technical people that are able and willing to provide detailed feedback with logs etc.

In my opinion if you dismiss the feedback of the no. 3s because they irritate you, then your software will only be adopted by techies.
I'm using RaspberryPi/OpenELEC 12.1.

I tried to scrap with the default scraper 'Universal Artist Scraper' and I had the same issue with scrapping artists, the debug log contained "Could not find scraper function CreateArtistSearchUrl" for every artists in the db.

I found out that the default scraper is set for the Artists category, but it is not set for each artist individually in my media library. I decided to try another scraper. I installed TheAudioDb scraper and set it as a default for the whole Artists category. Then I checked some random artists in my media library and found out that the Audiodb scraper is set for them and successfully scraps! After that I changed the default scraper for the whole Artists category to Universal Artist Scraper. The result was the same - the scraper is not set for artists individually.

Then I changed a default scraper several times from Universal to AudioDB and vice versa. And suddenly I found out that the AudioDB doesn't set any more for each artists when I choose it as a default scraper for the whole Artists category. So I have the same behaviour for both Universal and AudioDB scrapers with the same error in the debug log "Could not find scraper function CreateArtistSearchUrl".

So I guess it is not a scraper's bug, I think something wrong with the OpenELEC or XBMC.

And I have no such issues with the Albums category.

@olympia if you need I can provide detailed logs or something like that to help you and your team localize the issue. Or could you please tell me who is responsible for this kind of bugs and where I can post a bug report?
No, I don't need debug log.
I want someone with this problem to install a fresh xbmc with a fresh userdata folder (best to do it on win32).
Then use a test folder with 3 artists each with 1 album and let me know the exact steps to reproduce.
I forgot to say that I have XBMC installed on Win32. I have no such issues there.
I'll try to reproduce the issue on Win32, however it looks doubtful.
If not, is it acceptable to use a virtual machine for reproducing the issue?
@olympia, my HTPC is windows 64. If it'll really help I will wipe XBMC off it tonight, install frodo 12.1 and try limited test folder as you suggest. What folder do I need to backup in order to get all my setup back after this test? I've put time in to getting my system right with lots of 1channel subscriptions, add-on etc and I'd like to be able to get all that back.
@wkia
This is surely not a platform specific issue. IT can happen on any platform, we just don't now when and how it gets wrong. So the fact that it works on your win32 doesn't mean that the problem is with RaspberryPi or OpenELEC. The only reason why I was asking for win32 is because it is easy to test with.

@FoxTC
It depends if you're running XBMC in normal (default) or portable mode.

Normal mode:
%user% / AppData / Roaming / xbmc

Portable mode:
XBMC folder / portable_data
There appears to be a code issue. What we need to track it down is:

1. An easy way to reproduce as @olympia has detailed. You can do this without a new installation just by creating a new profile inside XBMC that starts fresh, add a folder containing 3 artists each with 1 song from 1 album, and attempt to reproduce.

2. The contents of the content table in your database. You can grab this using:

select * from content;

using SQLiteSpy, sqlite3 from the command line, or mysqlclient as applicable on the latest MyMusic*.db in userdata/Database. This you can do without much mucking around with new profiles etc. We won't be able to guarantee a fix without being able to reproduce from scratch either way.

In addition to this we'll need which scrapers you have enabled, and which ones are configured as the default scrapers.

Hell, just an (uncut) debug log of you attempting to lookup single artists versus scraping multiple artists will probably provide some hints.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What about if using a MYSQL database? I will see what I can achieve over the next few days to try and help but it's just not a high priority for me. All other aspects work fine and my music library is seldom used since I just use internet radio but I will try and post the steps to reproduce since I am sure in some tests I did it also happened on a local database but I can say that from a complete default it all appeared to work then something happened and I "think" it was after I installed the Aeon Nox skin but don't quote me there. I will see what I can offer for support.

BTW, my test environment is WinXP 32bit
I can't reproduce the issue on both XBMC/Win32 and OpenELEC/VirtualBox. Everything works fine.
I can't reproduce the issue on OpenELEC/RPi when I scan 2-3 artists with 1 album each.
However the issue occurs regularly on my fresh installed OpenELEC/RPi while I'm scanning all of my MP3s into the media library (~750 artists, ~500 albums). The issue occurs somewhere in the middle of scanning and doesn't go away until I completely re-install.
Now I'm trying to decrease number of artists to localize the issue.
I seem to have fixed my issue... Here is what I did.

I believe the issue is caused if you import all your albums WITHOUT the option set in the SYSTEM menu for "Download additional info during updates". For me at least, if I imported all albums with this option set OFF then I could not "scan all info" for albums or artists. I would have to set the scraper ON for each entry individually then scrape or I would just get the name poop up again and again without any scan being done.

I started with a default installation, downloaded the Universal Artist/Album scrapers and set the option to ON.

I then imported 1200 albums and it did it's thing. Several hours later all is populated and anything I now try and refresh changes just fine.

I am using a MYSQL library and if I drop the table and load my old Eden music table back into SQL and allow Frodo to "update" the table and try and use that, the issue is back. Even if I REMOVE all sources and re-import with the "Download additional info during updates" ON, the issue remains and I cannot download the details.

So basically for me I had to not just delete the entries inside XBMC from the music library but drop it completely and re-import. No issue at all for me as all files and artwork are meticulously organized but hopefully this helps others.
(2013-04-20, 03:28)phsyraxion Wrote: I believe the issue is caused if you import all your albums WITHOUT the option set in the SYSTEM menu for "Download additional info during updates". For me at least, if I imported all albums with this option set OFF then I could not "scan all info" for albums or artists. I would have to set the scraper ON for each entry individually then scrape or I would just get the name poop up again and again without any scan being done.

This doesn't seem to be the issue or at least not alone.
I just tried tried the following steps on a fresh 12.1 install with a fresh userdata folder and it worked perdectly:
- add source for a music test folder
- scan artist to the DB without "Download additional info during updates" set in the settings
- I used "Query info for all artists" from the contect menu of the artist
- Following that everything in my test folder was scraped nicely
(2013-04-20, 03:28)phsyraxion Wrote: I seem to have fixed my issue... Here is what I did.

I believe the issue is caused if you import all your albums WITHOUT the option set in the SYSTEM menu for "Download additional info during updates". For me at least, if I imported all albums with this option set OFF then I could not "scan all info" for albums or artists. I would have to set the scraper ON for each entry individually then scrape or I would just get the name poop up again and again without any scan being done.

I started with a default installation, downloaded the Universal Artist/Album scrapers and set the option to ON.

I then imported 1200 albums and it did it's thing. Several hours later all is populated and anything I now try and refresh changes just fine.

I am using a MYSQL library and if I drop the table and load my old Eden music table back into SQL and allow Frodo to "update" the table and try and use that, the issue is back. Even if I REMOVE all sources and re-import with the "Download additional info during updates" ON, the issue remains and I cannot download the details.

So basically for me I had to not just delete the entries inside XBMC from the music library but drop it completely and re-import. No issue at all for me as all files and artwork are meticulously organized but hopefully this helps others.

I was excited when I read this because I thought that I had my solution. I tried it but I still have the same problem.
I found a work around that works for me. If I go back one level from the artists view, where it lists Genres, Artists, Albums, etc, from there I open the context menu while artists is selected. If I change the scraper from this level, and then choose the option to refresh the info, it successfully works.
Does that make sense?

Forgot to mention, I am using a MYSql external database, and the workaround I listed above works perfectly.
Bug 
After a lot of experiments I've reproduced the issue I (and others) described before with one artist/album on Win32.
-----------------------
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Create a folder (e.g. "TestMusic") on your computer with one folder inside which contains one album of a single artist.
  2. Install fresh XBMC (I used XBMC 12.2 for Windows, downloaded from Xbmc.org)
  3. Go to Music->Files, add a source "TestMusic" (see step 1.)
  4. Right click on TestMusic and choose "Scan item to library" from the context menu. Wait for scan complete.

5. Go to Music->Library. Right-click on "Artists", choose "Change scraper" and see that Universal Artist Scraper is used as default. Click "Cancel".
  6. In Music->Library, right-click on "Albums", choose "Change scraper" and see that Universal Album Scraper is used as default. Click "Cancel".
  7. Go to Music->Artists, right click on the artist, choose "Change scraper" and see that Universal Artist Scraper is used as default. Click "Cancel".
  8. Go to Music->Albums, right click on the album, choose "Change scraper" and see that Universal Album Scraper is used as default. Click "Cancel".

9. Go to Music->Library, right-click on "Albums", choose "Change scraper", then click "Settings". Change some settings, e.g. go to "Artwork" tab and enable grabbing from Last.fm and allmusic.com. Click "OK" and click "OK" one more time. Click "No" in the dialog box "Do you want to refresh info for all...?"
  10. (In Music->Library) Right-click on "Artists", choose "Change scraper" and see that nothing is selected as a default scraper. Click "Cancel".
  11. Go to Music->Artists, right click on the artist, choose "Change scraper" and see that nothing is selected as a default scraper. Click "Cancel".

12. Go to Music->Library. Right-click on "Artists", choose "Change scraper" and select Universal Artist Scraper as default. Click "OK". Click "Yes" in the dialog box "Do you want to refresh info for all...?"
  13. Go to Music->Artists, right click on the artist, choose "Change scraper" and see that nothing is selected as a default scraper.
The issue: From this point, the scraper doesn't update artist information, because the existing artist and any artist you add to your library doesn't have a default scraper. Changing a scraper in Music->Library->Artists will not have an effect. Now you need to set a scraper for each artist individually.

You can meet the same issue with albums in case you change "Artists" scraper settings on step 9.
-----------------------

Actually the issue occurs just after Step 9. My opinion is the issue is related somehow to "Content" table in MyMusic32.db - the table is empty in the beginning, and it has one record after Step 9.

BTW the workaround to avoid the issue is to delete MyMusic32.db and reboot (if you already met the issue), and set up the scrapers via System->Settings->Add-ons BEFORE you scan any music source. Don't try to change scraper settings via "Music->Artists->Change scraper" or "Music->Albums->Change scraper", it will cause the issue again.
(2013-04-14, 13:12)olympia Wrote: No, I don't need debug log.
I want someone with this problem to install a fresh xbmc with a fresh userdata folder (best to do it on win32).
Then use a test folder with 3 artists each with 1 album and let me know the exact steps to reproduce.
@olympia, is the report above good enough?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Frodo 12.1][Linux] full path automatic scrapping issues0