copy database & Thumbnails from OSX to ATV2
Hi all,

I had some issues with the thumbnails on my ATV2 ( slow loading of thumbnails on the ATV2 but instant on iMac) It all started on Frodo, In Eden no problems.
I was not able to find a solution so I thought, well maybe it's the database or Thumbnail cache. So I did a clean install on my iMac (Frodo 12.1), set up the sources and voila.... all thumbnails instantly on screen ( I placed folder.jpg in all folders of my media folders on my NAS).

So I though I copy the Database and Thumbnail folder from my iMac Userdata folder to my ATV2 Userdata folder but....no luck. No display of any thumbnails....

So the questions is: Can you just copy the Database folder and Thumbnail folder from OSX to ATV2? or is it a different fiel format/structure? Or did I forget some files?

I found out what I did wrong: forgot to reset permissions...(chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/). So now I can see the thumbnails but still they load very slowly..

And another question is: How can I speed up the display of thumbnails. The folder.jpg files are around 500*500 pixels

Thanks in advance,

JW
Normally only the initial show should be slow (cause it caches it then) - after that they should showup fast ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
copy database & Thumbnails from OSX to ATV20