OS X compiling XBMC 12 for MacOS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6: lzotest problem
Hello!

I've got a problem with compiling XBMC for MacOS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6.
I've been doing it by this instruction
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...README.osx

$ cd $HOME
 $ git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc
 $ cd $HOME/xbmc
 $ cd tools/depends
 $ ./bootstrap
 $ ./configure --host=i386-apple-darwin
 $ make

But during last step I've got error:
Code:
lzotest.c:1459: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link /Developer/usr/bin/gcc  -I/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/include   -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib  -o lzotest  lzotest.o ../src/liblzo2.la
mkdir .libs
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc -I/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/include -o .libs/lzotest lzotest.o  -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/buildtools-native/lib ../src/.libs/liblzo2.dylib
Undefined symbols:
  "_lzo1y_decompress_asm", referenced from:
      _compress_database in lzotest.o
      _compress_database in lzotest.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [lzotest] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [i386-darwin10.8.0-native/src/.libs/liblzo2.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [liblzo2-native] Error 2
make: *** [native/.installed-i386-darwin10.8.0-native] Error 2

I've found something similar here Re: [Fink-users] lzo2-2.02-1 fails but I was unable to understand their solution. I think that I cannot update 'ld' because it's standard part of MacOS X 10.6.8. And I'm not sure that this is the root of the problem.

Full termial output is here

I have a reason to think that that's my Mac problem not XBMC (I'm not sure but in my first attemt to compile XBMC this step had been done without such an error; but I'd got another error while building with XCode). I've even try to remove and reinstall xcode from scratch and reget source from git. Nothing has helped. Can it be connected with some lib versions installed on my Mac? Maybe it's X11 libs? How to update libs?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Xcode 3.6.2? whats that?

I guess you mean 3.2.6?

Well i have tested the new build dependencies on various constellations (yours included) and never had this issue. Did you diddle with 3rdparty installers like macports or fink or so?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes, I've meant 3.2.6. I've changed my post to be correct.
I don't want to understand you wrong so what do you mean with 'diddle'?
I haven't install macports or fink. But it's not my Mac and I'm not sure about previous owner. I haven't reinstalled MacOS X yet. How can I check existence of macports or fink? Why do you think that matters?
Thank you for your help!
Diddle == "Play with/Change stuff"

It might matter if xbmc pulls in wrong headers because of installed dev-libs in the system (which might get there by fink or macports). Well i can assure you that everything is working on an unpoluted osx installation (by "unpoluted" i mean - non offending libs installed into the system).

And if you want my personal thoughts - if you got a used mac with osx installation - i would for sure format that whole hdd. Who knows if this used mac has some keyboard sniffing trojan on it who seels your first born child ;o).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
compiling XBMC 12 for MacOS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6: lzotest problem1