XBMC 12.1-1 is still lag when i use the SRT subtitle。。。
(2013-03-22, 05:51)ngok Wrote: the patch is from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91230
find the last post.
This patch is sacrificing the font border rendering to reduce cpu cycle, it may not be accept by main brunch.

I already read the web.But it's too hard to understand.
Do you have a easy way to patch it?Confused
It has nothing to do with the subtitle. The Hardware Decoder refuses to decode that file and therefore its decoded in Software and the cpu is not up to the Task so it will stutter.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-22, 12:24)Memphiz Wrote: It has nothing to do with the subtitle. The Hardware Decoder refuses to decode that file and therefore its decoded in Software and the cpu is not up to the Task so it will stutter.

Maybe this user's issue is just related to the HW decoder. But the lagging issue of Chinese SRT and styled SSA/ASS subtitles appears since Eden.

I think the rendering mechanism of TTF fonts should be refined for mobile devices. A modified version, which is disabled for rendering the border of TTF fonts, reduces somewhat this issue. If anyone is interested, here it is: http://yangapp.googlecode.com/files/org....os-arm.deb
He's using SRT subtitles, so no.
(2013-03-22, 14:25)Ned Scott Wrote: He's using SRT subtitles, so no.

Hi Ned,

The Romanic SRT subtitles is actually OK. But I am afraid that the CHINESE subtitles lagging issue is INDEED only related to SRT subtitles, NOT styled ASS/SSA subtitles. Sad
Hi linusyang, Can you make a pathed Linux version? I want to user it on my appletv 1stGen.
Or if you can share your patch file,I will try to compile one.
(2013-03-22, 14:51)linusyang Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 14:25)Ned Scott Wrote: He's using SRT subtitles, so no.

Hi Ned,

The Romanic SRT subtitles is actually OK. But I am afraid that the CHINESE subtitles lagging issue is INDEED only related to SRT subtitles, NOT styled ASS/SSA subtitles. Sad

Ah, I see. I stand corrected.
it would be highly appreciated if the developing team can help fix this issue. it definitely relates to asian srt...
Any update?
Hi Eliah
It happened not only on iOS,but also on WIN&MAC.
It happened when I used chinese srt only.
Maybe because the Arial font is too large?
Maybe Cache?
I have no idea,But I strongly hope this problem can be solved!
sorry about my poor english.
I am now on 12.3 Frodo, Apple TV 2, the issue still exist. XBMC still crashes every couple of minutes when Chinese SRT subtitle is used. Does anyone have a solution? Linus can you assist us? Is the issue going to be addressed in 13.0 Gotham?
BUMP!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1-1 is still lag when i use the SRT subtitle。。。0