Pre-Built HTPC with an internal Blu-Ray player?
My old Acer Revo 1600 isn't cutting any more, so I am looking to upgrade. I would like a similar experience of something already put together (I could build my own, but I'd rather just pay for the convenience of having everything all together). But, while I am upgrading, I would like to be able to have the HTPC play blu-rays directly (as in have an internal Blu-Ray drive).

I will likely be running openelec on it (currently using ubuntu) and would like to bitstream audio, play bluray rips, and be pretty much silent, etc. Any suggestions? Or is this something I'm going to need to build myself?
Do you need support for 3D?

This is a HTPC barebones that has the option of a Blu-ray player.
No, I have a minor astigmatism and so 3D glasses don't work very well for me. I could get contacts and then it would probably work, but since I don't even need to wear glasses most of the time, it doesn't seem worth it.

I've looked at those before (those are your builds, correct?). So I am assuming I would just need to pop in a HD or SSD and I would be good to go with it? (beyond installing stuff, obviously)
(2013-03-20, 20:20)Mman Wrote: No, I have a minor astigmatism and so 3D glasses don't work very well for me. I could get contacts and then it would probably work, but since I don't even need to wear glasses most of the time, it doesn't seem worth it.

I've looked at those before (those are your builds, correct?). So I am assuming I would just need to pop in a HD or SSD and I would be good to go with it? (beyond installing stuff, obviously)

That is correct. All you need to do is add a 2.5" HDD or SDD and your ready to install your software. You can choose if you want mSATA / SATA optical or SATA / SATA optical (the NM10 chipset supports 2 x SATA so it's either/or).

I ask about 3D because that takes the hardware requirement to a whole new level. I have a i3-3217U version I am working on that would support 3D and 4 x SATA but it's not done testing yet.

And, if a certain HW manufacturer stops saying "next month" I'll have a Celeron 847 version too! Smile

There's a lot going on with thin mini-ITX these days!
Some pre-built HTPC options:

www.assassinhtpc.com
www.ecosmartpc.com
www.planethtpc.com

Some of these guys will even do all the setup work too which is the biggest hassle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Built HTPC with an internal Blu-Ray player?0