Should I downgrade to 4.x.x?
Hi,
I'm asking the moderators and developers here. I have some poor performances since I updated to last version of iOS. I'm about to downgrade my ATV2. My question is, to what version should I downgrade?

Thanks,
S@
Im not a mod or a dev, but I would go for 4.3
A big question is "can you?". Unless you saved your SHSH blobs (or backups of some-kind) you may find it presently impossible to downgrade your iOS version.

I actually jumped through hoops to trade my higher version ATV2 for an older one. I didn't necessarily observe any speed improvements and got the same results with unplayable/choppy videos. I realized that this wasn't going to cut it for me since I relied on new iOS features like airplay mirroring,
Someone can point me to a good guide for downgrade? I Tried most of the guides but no success. Thanks!

S@
(2013-03-20, 20:56)adecold Wrote: A big question is "can you?". Unless you saved your SHSH blobs (or backups of some-kind) you may find it presently impossible to downgrade your iOS version.

I actually jumped through hoops to trade my higher version ATV2 for an older one. I didn't necessarily observe any speed improvements and got the same results with unplayable/choppy videos. I realized that this wasn't going to cut it for me since I relied on new iOS features like airplay mirroring,

I have all the blobs but... the speed and other things you said are interesting. No speed improvements at all? I can swear that some of the moderators was so sure that lower versions are batter.

Thanks,
S@
The UI in 5.x is supposed to use a bit more resources, and if you don't use any of the new features in 5.x there is no need for it and therefore might have a bit more free resources Wink If you can and want to downgrade Wink
I didn't mean to imply absolutely *NO* speed improvements. I was hoping to play some videos that were choppy or unplayable but the result was the same. I personally didn't observe massive UI speed improvements but I only tested it out for a night.
i think it might help to find out what kind of "poor performances" you are having.

I found that a lot of my "poor performances" where due to the skin I was using.
I'm sticking with Confluence for the time being, on my ATV 2. seems to be the most stable, and uses the new skin widgets.
I know there are a couple other "low end" skins out there.

the other thing is to make sure your audio specs match up.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
I use QUARTS skin, it looks pretty light to me... Never used Confluence thou...
Confluence is the default skin.

you're correct Quartz is a very light skin.
can you be a little more detailed in what you mean by "poor performance". maybe supply a debug log with your details...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
i chose to upgrade to 5.2 and 12.0 frodo. took a while but i found I was able to get the speed and look I wanted with re-alaska. I dont crash unless I ask for a thumbnail view of my library (over 200 movies). I run cinema experience with it as well.
(2013-03-22, 16:32)locomot1f Wrote: Confluence is the default skin.

you're correct Quartz is a very light skin.
can you be a little more detailed in what you mean by "poor performance". maybe supply a debug log with your details...

1. When starting the video, it starts croppy, slow-mo, unchronicled and after some time (around 30 seconds) it fixes but -
2. Buffering almost on every video.

I downgraded successfully to 4.4.4 and buffering and those problems are gone. For those that want to downgrade and have SHSH blobs saved check this thread for the guide - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160168

S@
I have restored my atv2 back to iOS 4.4.4 as i have the saved blobs saved with cydia and have customised the quartz skin to be a near perfect replica of the atv 4.4.4 skin, i can hardly tell the different between the two graphically - it did take some doing with the help and permission of the quartz author but i have to say, over all, i do get slight performance improvement over 5.0.2.

My system does slow somewhat on initial launch as it has to check for updates and update my library (imported from 1channel subscriptions) but over all, i'm very impressed with both my handy work and 4.4.4 as a whole.

Yeah, i could miss the airplay mirroring but hey, i never used it anyway
(2013-03-28, 23:52)Steverae Wrote: ------- i have customised the quartz skin to be a near perfect replica of the atv 4.4.4 skin, i can hardly tell the different between the two graphically - ----- i do get slight performance improvement over 5.0.2.

----- i'm very impressed with both my handy work and 4.4.4 as a whole.

My atv2 is on 4.4.4 too, I'd like to try your quartz skin mod, if that's alright with youBlush!

Thx!
(2013-03-30, 19:09)slukin Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 23:52)Steverae Wrote: ------- i have customised the quartz skin to be a near perfect replica of the atv 4.4.4 skin, i can hardly tell the different between the two graphically - ----- i do get slight performance improvement over 5.0.2.

----- i'm very impressed with both my handy work and 4.4.4 as a whole.

My atv2 is on 4.4.4 too, I'd like to try your quartz skin mod, if that's alright with youBlush!

Thx!

Best one(period)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I downgrade to 4.x.x?0