Aeon Nox Noob Guide Needed
You need to modify the font.xlm, its a lot of manual work, but for me it was worth it.
I sort of have the same question, and to be honest not sure if you understood the original question posed by winds10. The submenus under the main menu items, when I updated to Aeon Nox (and winds10 too), one of my submenu items went away (OpenElec settings). I'd like to get that back, if possible. Is it possible to change/add submenu items like you can menu items?

Also, my RSS feed disappeared, and enabling it in the appearance settings doesn't seem to do anything. I believe I got a "need the RSS editor" (which I didn't need before, because RSS was there with confluence), and then got a dependancy error for RSS editor (or something, it was a while ago, but I will go take another look).

one other minor annoyance is that my file list for "Videos" doesn't seem to be piicking up posters. All my TV shows and Movies are recognized correctly, and all posters are fine there, but "List" is just a list with no artwork under Videos -> Files.

Any assistance is appreciated. Love, love, love this skin. It's amazing!

(2013-04-09, 04:43)Wardenclyffe Wrote: @winds10: Clicking the System item in the main menu brings you to the settings.
OE settings can be accessed from "Programs" menu
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have got to learn to check things before posting....

Submenu question resolved, and I think I found out why my RSS is not working too. Now, if only I can find that post again...

Last issue, no posters in Videos-> Files is still an issue, however.

(2013-08-30, 10:35)garydebergerac Wrote: I sort of have the same question, and to be honest not sure if you understood the original question posed by winds10. The submenus under the main menu items, when I updated to Aeon Nox (and winds10 too), one of my submenu items went away (OpenElec settings). I'd like to get that back, if possible. Is it possible to change/add submenu items like you can menu items?

Also, my RSS feed disappeared, and enabling it in the appearance settings doesn't seem to do anything. I believe I got a "need the RSS editor" (which I didn't need before, because RSS was there with confluence), and then got a dependancy error for RSS editor (or something, it was a while ago, but I will go take another look).

one other minor annoyance is that my file list for "Videos" doesn't seem to be piicking up posters. All my TV shows and Movies are recognized correctly, and all posters are fine there, but "List" is just a list with no artwork under Videos -> Files.

Any assistance is appreciated. Love, love, love this skin. It's amazing!

(2013-04-09, 04:43)Wardenclyffe Wrote: @winds10: Clicking the System item in the main menu brings you to the settings.

Wow, that is the same wrong answer that Wardenclyffe gave, so I am going to assume you guys are non-native English speakers.

The question wasn't "how to access xyz", but how to put it *back* in the submenu for a menu item after Aeon Nox install removes it. The answer is, by customizing the main menu System-> Appearance-> Skin-> Settings-> Customize main menu.

(2013-08-30, 10:38)Martijn Wrote: OE settings can be accessed from "Programs" menu
I thought Aeon Nox was to heavy for RPi, this from RPi FAQ...

"WSkins that work well are Metropolis, Quartz, Quartz Reloaded, Slik. Don't even try anything like Neon, Aeon MQ, Aeon NOX, or anything just as heavy it just won't work."
My main rig XBMC > Windows 8 > Aeon.

Does not show 'Recently added movies' with their DVD cover art above the main menu when 'Movies' is highlighted like on my other computers.

What do I need to set to get this very nice feature?
(2013-10-04, 17:44)RickInHouston Wrote: My main rig XBMC > Windows 8 > Aeon.

Does not show 'Recently added movies' with their DVD cover art above the main menu when 'Movies' is highlighted like on my other computers.

What do I need to set to get this very nice feature?
Skin Settings -> Main Menu Item Customizers. Find the menu item you want to add widgets to, press enter. Choose widget 1 or 2, and then add the widget of your choosing. There are many Smile
I love the Aeon skin. It is absolute eye candy. I have a question though regarding the skin and the naming conventions. I've seen several posts and even FAQs for XBMC and Aeon that talk about local art. I like viewing my TV shows in "Landscape" mode in the "seasons" view. I have gotten all the landscapes to show up for the numbered seasons (using "season3-landscape.jpg" for season 3 landscape view in season view), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the "all seasons" landscape image to show up. I've named it various things I could think of (for example, "seasonall-landscape", "season-all-landscape", "seasonsall-landscape", even just "landscape" and so on but to no avail. Any help would be terrific! Thank you.
I have aeon nox pretty setup now how I want it... I have used smart playlists and added them to main menu bar.. and created the widgets above them.... In the movies section it shows the DVD cover of the film which is great... but the tv shows only shows a scene from the film... How can I make it show a decent picture (fan art, dvd cover etc)

Cheers
I think you have to rescrape your tv-shows...
how looks your folder structure...?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
is there any way to increase the size of the main menu icons in Aeon-Nox ??
How do you add and delete items from the sub menu that is below 'Movies' on the main screen? (When you down arrow while Movies is highlighted on the main menu.)
(2014-03-28, 02:24)RickInHouston Wrote: How do you add and delete items from the sub menu that is below 'Movies' on the main screen? (When you down arrow while Movies is highlighted on the main menu.)

Assuming you're using 4.x version of Nox: Settings->Skin->Customizers->Main Menu Item Customizer. Then you can navigate to the menu item of choice and toggle entries on or off. To add more, press enter on the main menu entry and go to Set Submenu.

If you're using Nox 5.0: Skin Settings->Setup Nox Main Menu. Select the entry you want and then Manage Submenu.
Thanks Vaikin. I'm on 5.0. Must look for that.
Hey all. Quick question. I have Aeon nox decked out and customized but every now and then it just resets in XBMC/Kodi back to Confluence. the addons are still there but when i change back to AN all the customizations are then gone. Its super frustrating after you spend so much time customizing it.

can anyone shed any light on me why this is happening?

thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox Noob Guide Needed0