ERROR: Unable to Initialize. Exiting.
Subject line is the error message I get when trying to open XBMC. Currently running 12.1 on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition with SP1. Intel C2D E4700 with 3GB RAM.

All was working fine on V11 until I upgraded to 12.1 last night. I would post a log, but as I cannot even start XBMC currently, I cannot enable logging. If there is a workaround for that, please let me know and I would be happy to post a log. If there is any further information I can provide to help diagnose the problem, please let me know. Thank you in advance.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159828
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Forgive me, but I read that entire thread and I see nothing that pertains to my situation? The poster in that thread is running 11, I am running 12.1 and it does not mention this error?
it happened to every version.
11+12+12.1

it very well could be you have another problem though.

read this: Debug Log

Create a file called advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder like explained and add this in it
PHP Code:
<advancedsettings><loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel></advancedsettings

restart XBMC and grab the xbmc.log after that and post it on xbmclogs.com and give us the link
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I think you may have posted the wrong thread. I read through some of the links and found what I believe you meant to post in the last link on the thread.

I may have another problem though. I run two XBMC boxes and a while back I had to replace the hard drive on this one, so I reinstalled Windows 7 and then went to install 12 or 12.1 (It was roughly December 15th, whichever version was current at that time) and I received what I believe was the exact same error, so I installed 11 instead. Last night, I tried to give it a go again, and this was the result.

My other XBMC running Eden is having some issues also, which may be due to the repo problems. When will this be fixed? And is there anything that can be done in the meantime? I assume when the official repository issue is taken care of, that it will auto update and all will be well in the world again?

So, if I want to enable logging through advancedsettings.xml, which level should I set? I see there are 5 available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to Initialize. Exiting.0