OS X Video Library Missing Files In Update...
I have to be doing something wrong here, so just set me straight and hopefully I will be rid of this nagging issue.

For some reason, when simply doing an "Update Library", XBMC is missing some new TV shows that I have added to my TV folders. It seems to happen randomly. Sometimes it'll catch them, sometimes not.

However, an easy way to get XBMC to catch the new videos is to go into the Files view of Videos, and do a "scan for new content" on the video share. That catches every single new file in there without fail. What confuses me is why an "Update Library" command isn't doing that same level of deep scan as a "scan for changes" is on the source. My thought was that "Update Library" was always the same as a full"scan for new content" on every video source.

I do have the cleanonupdate flag set to keep things clean as I watch shows I have deleted, but I don't think that is a factor.

Thoughts? Log looks clean, nothing suspicious in it but I'm happy to share, it's a fairly easy problem to duplicate.

Using 10.1 BTW.
Logs would be great, but just to make sure, are you actually using XBMC v10.1? Not v12.1?
12.1, my bad. Of course 12.1. Wink

I've got it up to date at the moment, but I should be able to duplicate it very easily later today for you, will post a log then. I think what I'll do is run the "update library" command followed by the "scan for new content" command and we can go from there. In a typical example, the update library command will not find the file, but the scan for new content will then locate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Library Missing Files In Update...0