TV remote control (CEC via HDMI) partially working
I'm trying to control XBMC via CEC (over HDMI connection), ie, using TV remote control. It is working only partially, when I run XBMC as app from LXDE (Wheezy). If I run XBMC as desktop environment from login screen, the CEC is handled correctly.

Maybe it's the XBMC version problem. Settings > System > Input devices peripherals menu has only two items:
- Remote control sends keyboard presses (enabled)
- Enable mouse and Touch Screen support (enabled)

System Info shows me my XBMC version is 12.0, I'm launching it as app from Raspbian Wheezy (Linux 3.6.11 kernel).

The problem is, the arrow buttons on the control appear not to be handled by XBMC. In some previous versions they used to be. But what's funny, the "Play" and "Stop" buttons do browse media folders and stop playing, respectively.

I'm not sure how to debug this problem - where could I check if the signal has reached XBMC at all.

Also, I have never got the Back button working, and Menu button is persistently handled by TV itself. Perhaps I should find out what button presses reach XBMC at all, and then do some mapping to implement those missing functions (Back, Home) - but how do I do that?
You haven't said where you got xbmc from.

The Input devices screen has a peripherals submenu that givies CEC options. Make sure you are on libCEC 2.1.0. You should try a recent self contained build like:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid135010

which does have latest libCEC.

(2013-03-21, 09:04)Passiday Wrote: I'm trying to control XBMC via CEC (over HDMI connection), ie, using TV remote control. It is working only partially, when I run XBMC as app from LXDE (Wheezy). If I run XBMC as desktop environment from login screen, the CEC is handled correctly.
I don't really know what this means. Are both cases from same Wheezy sdcard image, with the first after launching ldxe with startx and then launching xbmc, and the second launching xbmc from the console (without starting lxde)?

XBMC is unlikely to work well when launched from ldxe. Why have the additional memory and cpu requirement of X when running xbmc on a resource limited device?
To be honest, I don't remember from where I originally got the xbmc, it was quite a long time ago. In the package manager it says version 2:12.0-1

How do I know which libCEC I am running?

> I don't really know what this means. Are both cases from same Wheezy sdcard image, with the first after launching
> ldxe with startx and then launching xbmc, and the second launching xbmc from the console (without starting lxde)?

Yes, both run from the same installation. The first is launcing XBMC as application, from LXDE environment, the second is choosing XBMC from desktop environment dropdown at Wheezy GUI login screen (afaik, it means not starting LXDE).

I agree that running XBMC from desktop environment is unnecessary load for RasPi. However, the performance is totally normal, so this misfunction of CEC should not really be connected with lack of resources.
(2013-03-21, 14:09)Passiday Wrote: How do I know which libCEC I am running?
The Input devices screen has a peripherals submenu that givies CEC options. The version is reported here.
Oh, I thought it's a subtitle, I never though it's clickable, doh.

Ok, it says:
Raspberry Pi CEC Adapter
Product ID: 1001 Vendor: 2708
Class: cec Version: libCEC 2.0.2 - firmware v1

So, how do I upgrade libCEC to 2.1.0? And is there some way how to fix the Back button?
(2013-03-21, 14:39)Passiday Wrote: So, how do I upgrade libCEC to 2.1.0? And is there some way how to fix the Back button?

I gave a link to a self contained openelec image. You could try that and see if it fixes things.
There are no official deb builds that can be installed on rasbian. There are occasional unofficial deb files published -
http://elinux.org/RPi_XBMC
has some links, but none look very new.
Hi,

I am running the following in on my Pi:
Raspbmc
CEC Adapter
Version: libCEC 2.1.1 - firmware v1

What now what else do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks.

:-)
Have you tried a different cable i did and my tv remote works great with CEC and OpenELEC Mediacenter
I'm also having trouble. Everything worked fine until last week my Sony TV remote stopped working. I have reinstalled the latest build from OpenELEC and Raspbmc but this doesn't solve the problem.

(2013-04-15, 13:23)Hotwheelz Wrote: CEC Adapter
Version: libCEC 2.1.1 - firmware v1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV remote control (CEC via HDMI) partially working0