A Few Questions
First off Great work guys this really is a great skin, and I am enjoying playing with it, so far so good. I have a couple of questions that I hope you would be able to help me with

1. When I go into my music menu and select an album and play the first track i have to go back to the main menu to see the info about the artist and the artist slideshow - is this normal? or can it be played from within the music menu? If it is possible how do you configure this?

2. following on from the question above how do you make the artist slideshow Full Screen without having to press the Full Screen Button? If this is possible can you explain how to configure this? I do notice that if you leave the main screen after a couple of minutes it goes to full screen by default, perhaps this time can be configured also?

3. How can you move the Main Menu Items to diffrent positions as I have setup some custom menus but they do not appear in order for instance the music menu is in between two of my custom menus and I want it to be at the end? Is it possible to move a menu item from one position to another? If so could you explain how?

Hope the above is possible and I'm just being silly and cannot find the settings to change it

Thanks in advance

Mark
1. Press I

2. Only in auto mode, and this is controlled by XBMC there is no setting for the delay.

3. The Ace no has a reorder function. There is VIPMenu, but I not yet decided if I will publish it or not.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Cheers for the response, please publish a way to re-organise the menu items as this would be the perfect option for making this skin truly configurable and then I can use this skin on all of my media players..... Would definitely make a donation if you could add it in the next release

Cheers

Mark
I could be wrong (maybe Marcos can clarify), but I believe having a reorder feature will put the CPU usage up considerably, which will stop the skin from running smoothly on less powerful devices.

This is likely why the feature isn't currently available, as it goes against the premise that ACE was designed on.
Then maybe there is a way to enable this feature whilst you need to re-organise and then disable when complete thus increasing the performance?

Cheers

Mark
I don't think that's possible. The reordering feature is written into the code and has to be 'on' all the time to keep the items in the custom order you have chosen.

Again I could be wrong, but that I believe is the reason why MQ4 has this feature and the Skinner's Cut does not. If it was possible to turn it off then there would have been no need for the later.

MQ's the man to answer all this though.
That's a real shame as that's the one feature that I need as I have built the custom menus and they are all over the place and not in order.

Oh we'll if its not possible it's not possible will have to unfortunately and reluctantly switch to my old skin

Cheers

Mark
I may be completely wrong, you never know.

Could you not just deactivate those that you don't like the order of and add everything as a playlist? That's the solution I've used when using ACE.
I wish it was that simple I have 10 movie sub menus by Genre which are all playlists plus a host of other menus so I need to reorder the main screen so they are in order or else it looks ugly!

Do you know if there is a way to configure the main menu from one of the files within the skin? Or is it buried within the code?

Thanks

Mark
Well in MQ4 the main menu buttons are all coded in the 'IncludesMainMenu.xml'. I haven't looked at the code for ACE so I'm not sure, bt I should think it has been coded in a similar way. Marcos is of course the man to answer that. Hopefully he'll pick this up when he's next in the forum.
Everything the Samu-rai writes is correct. The Ace does not have and will not have to reorder function. As I wrote before, there is VIPMenu but I have not decided about it.

Anyway for those who have a little knowledge in Ace is very simple to make the change manually, open IncludesVIPMenu.xml and change the order of groups ids.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Cheers Marcos will give it a try

Cheers

Mark
So is there a way to make the music play in full screen when your in the main menu without pressing the full screen button or pressing tab key from the keyboard - as from a remote its not possible?

Cheers

Mark
Why don't you just assign the function to a spare key on your remote using keyboard.xml?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Few Questions0