suggestions
i've had xbmc for a while now, but just now registered for the forums. i plan to create a both a firefox-like web browser (possibly "xplorer") and "xword", an xbox version of ms word. my suggestion is that one of the xbmc programmers/designers should create a web browser (i know it will be a lot of work) and integrate it into the next update of xbmc. if i created one it would not be nearly as functional or professional as if someone else did. as for xword, if i ever get around to it, i may ask that you put it in, but it will probably be months from now as i need to learn how to make it...maybe if someone is interested and has time they could help me/teach me how? Smile

my other suggestion had to do with the "my pictures" portion of xbmc. when viewing png files, they are...messed up. they are not transparent (for the most part) where they should be, and some of the colors get changed. this also happens if you paste one into microsoft works or open one in microsoft paint, so if you do not know what i am talking about open this image in paint or xbmc. also, with small images, it enlarges them to a point where they are very pixelated and distorted. maybe under "settings -> my pictures -> general" there could be an option of wether to enlarge it or not?

thanks,
wolf

my suggestion is that one of the xbmc programmers/designers should create a web browser (i know it will be a lot of work) and integrate it into the next update of xbmc

currently there is a links intigration underway and in development... if you feel froggy search and get its cvs and intigirate it, they have directions but hold in mind its still in the dev stages and not supported so you on your own with issues on that one.

my other suggestion had to do with the "my pictures" portion of xbmc. when viewing png files, they are...messed up

how many colors are you trying to use? hold in mind for png files... just about the entire skin is png but there are some issues *i think* with transparencies, look at one of the backgrounds in the cvs skin and see if your settings are similar in depth etc and then see how it looks.

i've had xbmc for a while now, but just now registered for the forums. i plan to create a both a firefox-like web browser (possibly "xplorer") and "xword", an xbox version of ms word

good luch with that, i look forward to seeing the results.. though i never imagined why i would open a .doc on my box i am sure it would be great were i ever to have the need to. firefox is in itself a great browser but whatever you try to make for it remember first and foremost your system limitations.

btw welcome to the forums, hope to see alot more of you and your works and ideas!
@ wolf:
before you create your own web-browser, how about jump into and help ysbox and los93sol to finish their baby...
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
suggestions0