Win can my htpc handle 3D ?
Hi all i want to start a 3d collection just dont know if my system can handle it + can you recommend a tv

Thanks

My htpc
I
I
I
V
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
(2013-03-21, 22:25)jonatan Wrote: My htpc
I
I
I
V
?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
He is pointing to his signature.. however it links to a post on another forum, which requires you to login, which is not going to happen!
This is the 2nd post I've seen recently with a link to forums.dvdfab.com. Weird.
Can it handle Handel?
(2013-03-22, 00:08)PatrickVogeli Wrote: He is pointing to his signature.. however it links to a post on another forum, which requires you to login, which is not going to happen!
sorry guys didnt know you had to be a member to view my album. fixed
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw
(2013-03-21, 22:25)jonatan Wrote: Hi all i want to start a 3d collection just dont know if my system can handle it + can you recommend a tv

Thanks

My htpc
I
I
I
V

ahahaha... way to show your htpc specs.. what if you just copy & paste your signature so nobody has to decode what I I I V means?
(2013-03-22, 14:51)Faire Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 22:25)jonatan Wrote: Hi all i want to start a 3d collection just dont know if my system can handle it + can you recommend a tv

Thanks

My htpc
I
I
I
V

ahahaha... way to show your htpc specs.. what if you just copy & paste your signature so nobody has to decode what I I I V means?

Will keep that in mind next time
ImageImage
Your link is not working, but I can see that you're using a celeron

As far as I know, they do not have hdmi 1.4a, therefore you will not be able to do frame packed full hd 3d, which is the standard used on retail blurays.

However, you can do half sbs or half over under, which are regular 1080p streams, and the tv or projector converts them to a 3D image (frame sequential). Most scene releases are in these formats.

Also, external video players like the stereoscopic player might convert the frame packed full hd 3D to a half sbs format to allow you to play blurays on your machine (that I am not sure)
(2013-03-22, 17:43)aptalca Wrote: Your link is not working, but I can see that you're using a celeron

As far as I know, they do not have hdmi 1.4a, therefore you will not be able to do frame packed full hd 3d, which is the standard used on retail blurays.

However, you can do half sbs or half over under, which are regular 1080p streams, and the tv or projector converts them to a 3D image (frame sequential). Most scene releases are in these formats.

Also, external video players like the stereoscopic player might convert the frame packed full hd 3D to a half sbs format to allow you to play blurays on your machine (that I am not sure)
But what about my gpu
ImageImage
aahh didn't see that. GT520. . . that has hdmi 1.4a so you should be good.
What player will support 3d iso and is there any other programs i need
ImageImage
(2013-03-22, 21:14)jonatan Wrote: What player will support 3d iso and is there any other programs i need
If you are talking about SBS, Frodo will do.....

If it is full HD frame packing 3d, it might turn out to be more problematic than most users expected. It is not just HTPC, AVR and HDTV with HDMI 1.4a, you have to have the right video driver and media player for it to work. I'm recommending to download the trial version of the three software Blu-ray 3D players (Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5, Corel WinDVD 11 Pro and Cyberlink PowerDVD 12 Pro/Ultra) and try them all on your PC before deciding which one you should buy. It'll save you a lot of time, because you'll find out which media player work on your HTPC.....you can start off with this advisor "BD & 3D Advisor Overview ".....

I do have a powerful gaming HTPC capable of playback full HD frame packing 3d, but I preferred using the standalone blu-ray player. It's less expensive and headache, and more time watching the movie....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can my htpc handle 3D ?0