Losing connectivity to TV/Receiver
Hi folks. I am very new to all this. I am using XBMC on a Raspberry Pi running RASPBMC. I am very impressed with the performance I am getting.

However, I decided the leave the Raspberry Pi on all the time. When I finished watching shows I turn off the TV and the receiver. My Raspberry Pi connects through HDMI to the receiver which in turn connects to the TV using HDMI as well.

Later when I come back into the room and turn the TV and receiver back on, the communication with the Raspberry Pi has been broken and I don't see any image. I end up having to reboot the Raspberry Pi.

I have already added two statements in CONFIG.TXT that I read about in a thread. They are:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2

Can anyone give me some advice on how to handle this situation?

Thanks ............ Rob
It should work in your situation. Maybe XBMC/Raspbmc has crashed while you were away?
Does switching off tv/reciever and immediately switching it back on work?
I suggest disabling overclock, and checking power supply:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#T...r_problems
i have exactly the same problem

pi runs for a while in background and when i want to use it it's off, no timer options, no CEC options to turn it off with remote activated
have no multimeter, with or without overclocking makes no difference - latest raspbmc on my side here
Turn Rpi off when you turn the tv off, and turn it back on after you turn the TV back on.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
new power supply, everything is fixed now - i used an ipad power adapter before, do they have some weird standby feature?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Losing connectivity to TV/Receiver0